Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-06-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
=======================
NOTE: This whole thread is the sad story of an engine/truck with an all out, no expense spared, $42,000 inframe done by a high-end OEM repair facility ... Then it ending up in my driveway with a blown head gasket after only 80,000 miles! ...
=======================

- Well, Mr. Waterloo showed up here right in the middle of me trying to finish up my taxes for the year and do all that and he is one eager to work guy. -- He likes to do his own thing and jumped right onto taking things apart. Before he got started though, we checked out his coolant pressure issue just to be sure. It is clear when you put a pressure gauge on it that it is building combustion pressure so that rules out anything but something internal to the engine.

- We let it sit over night with 22-PSI pressure on it until next morning. Low and behold, we searched and searched and there was zero signs of coolant getting into the oil at first. Sometimes it is obvious, but sometimes it is hard to find. We wiped everything down and spun the engine a few times over by hand (with long wrench) and could not immediately find any kind of coolant intrusion problem even though it is clear that there is a problem with the head, a gasket, liner... something. After looking and wiping things down under the engine, we decided to turn it by hand some more ... slowly to see if we could get a better view at each cylinder. While turning the engine over by hand very slowly, when piston number 5 came up on a compression stroke, instead of a dry "hiss" sound, it started to gurgle, and tiny droplets of water/coolant started to pour down the inside of the liner wall. Number 5 piston was leaking coolant out of the bottom of the piston. So far this tells us that there is a problem in the head or the head gasket at #5 cylinder area.

- We went to Mr. Hags shop and got him to price up a head and overhaul kit. He looked everything up and to our discovery, Mr. Waterloo has the WRONG OVERHAUL KIT in his engine from when it was built by the stealershit. This engine only has 80,000 miles on the "top-notch, top tier" inframe that he paid more than $40,000 dollars for .. , now it has failed YET AGAIN. We discovered from his paperwork that even though he has a big CPL (600-hp) engine, the stealershit mis-ordered the parts badly and crammed small CPL parts into the engine + a valve cam that is incorrect. -- What a Lovely job these incompetent basta23#drsd do!...

We have yanked the hood off it and are now in the process of tearing it down, but I have to do paperwork, so he will be on his own a bit out there until I can finish my taxes and other things here. Hopefully it will not rain too much, but we are prepared to cover things when it does.

- We have had the beer flowing and the good food too. I made spaghetti and we made BBQ and everyone is enjoying being here. Waterloo is truly a cool guy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , barf , rrod , snailexpress , BobsYourUncle , scottydogtruck , Chamberpains , Signature620 , DLC , gatow900 , kalsandhu , Pd6cas2 , Magard , iHaul , Roysbigtoys , Waterloo , schISM , stevesparts , Matt , Rounded_nut , Old Driver , AussieISX , serv , bossboy2 , PuroCumminsPower , Pro Star Cummins , bubbanbrenda , DDlighttruck , overshot , Mrkentee , JMBT , Techmech , LargeCar , amermextrucker , SuperTrucker , Toolguy
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(04-06-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  ...and to our discovery, Mr. Waterloo has the WRONG OVERHAUL KIT in his enigne from when it was built by the stealershit. it has a small CPL overhaul kit and smaller pistons than his engine takes. -- Lovely!...

Awe for ####'s sake! How in the hell do they make that mistake?
For cryin out loud, WE can even figure this $h!t out with Quickserve, how come a damn stealershit can't?

(04-06-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  - We have had the beer flowing and the good food too. I made spaghetti and we made BBQ and everyone is enjoying being here. Waterloo is truly a cool guy.

Still trying to figure out why I live so far away...
C'mon freight gods, help me out with the GA load we bid on, Pleeeaaase

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RTRUCKING48 , Waterloo , LargeCar
That is sad with it being the wrong overhaul kit. Like Hammered said... we can figure it out ourselves on Quickserve.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
... it gets better ...

Ok, so we finally got the full build sheet for the overhaul he got at the stealershit. It is worse than that ...

ALL THE CRITICAL PARTS!!! --~ALL OF THEM! ~--- Were replaced with parts for an ISX 450 engine. It is no longer build as a 600 engine any more. The overhaul kit is wrong, the pistons are wrong, the valve cam is wrong, the injectors are wrong, the injector cam is wrong, and the programming does not match the build.

Someone typo'd the ESN when looking up the parts? -- Now, everything is for a smaller engine with an odd obscure 871E model CPL now that was not even build for the states. I will have to re-program the engine for a totally different build if he decides to keep it this way. Otherwise, the pistons, valve and injector cams, and injectors will all have to be changed back like they are supposed to be. What a royal mess!.

-- Starting to wonder what we will find inside now and how the mis-matched programming effected the engine internally. I guess we will discover this as we get it apart.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , PuroCumminsPower , overshot , LargeCar
Does the 500- hp engine's and the 525+ hp engine's have the same crankshaft?

Does he then have a large cpl turbo on a small cpl build?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(04-06-2018 )Brock Wrote:  ...
Does he then have a large cpl turbo on a small cpl build?

At this point, yes he does.

replyreply
What horse shi#t..wonder if a small claims lawsuit is in order.
replyreply
Just pure freaking craziness.....

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
Im curious what the stealership wants to do now that you have discovered this. I'd document the hell out of it with pic and video backing.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.