Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-09-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Caveat emptor
Guys, I am still in shock at what is going on here. Rawze asked me if I wanted to do the latest status write up, I said "no", as I am having a heck of a time wrapping my head around all of this. We get up and work, very little if any time to think about any of this, I am just hoping for the best right now and eternally grateful for what Rawze and his family are doing for me.

The motor is apart, laying on a few tables, etc. Rawze called this the minute the head was off. After measuring the liner heights, he was 100% positive at what we would find, and unfortunately for me, he was correct. And yes, I am learning quite a bit, but nowhere near up to speed as to where I should be.

I was naive, look the word up, being "naive" is not a good thing, or place to be. I tried to do the right thing, I had both Rawze and Unilever helping my uneducated rear end when I was in the shop having this expensive abortion. I "thought" the mechanic was doing his job, I asked about counter boring, and was told that would be done, asked about shimming the liners, who will cut the block, etc. Turns out nothing was done, nothing was repaired and all of the wrong parts were installed. You cannot make this sheet up! LOL! Yes, LOL! This is so tragic that it is funny! The stuff you only read about and thank God it is not you. Well, the joke is on me, and trust me, this is not good comedy, this is criminal.

Now, what do we do? Today we should find out if the dealer helps, or I leave here with a 450hp motor and a lawsuit. At this point, I am not even mad, I am just rolling with all of this, getting mad will not help the situation or get my truck repaired with the correct parts. I honestly do not know what else I can do, trying to keep a level head, even though all of this is as embarrassing as hell.

Hopefully my travail with this truck will help someone down the road. Encourage others to learn their equipment, how to repair it and what not to do. Mechanic first, as everything else is now meaningless. What else can you do? And the sad part, who do you trust? The days of the old reliable Series 60 and N-14 are long gone, the simplicity of "it just works" has left the building. Yes, I am getting a very expensive education.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Chamberpains , Roysbigtoys , Hammerhead , Wiseman , rrod , BobsYourUncle , kalsandhu , dhirocz , fargonaz , gatow900 , RojoPete , zero4 , LargeCar , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.