Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-26-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Quote:So, yesterday, Rawze and I machined the block, cutting the counterbore for the new and correct liners. We set the liners with the .020 shims, liner heights came out at .012 of an inch across the board with a half a thousandths variance on two liners. All in all, I would say that is pretty darn good. The old liners were all over the map, from .008 to .012 and no machining of the block. Failure was certain. Here are the new liners, the test fit, we then removed and cleaned all of the crap out of the block.

Quote:We discussed the liner height issue, we were going to go for 14 but looking at these new carbon packing rings we decided .012 inches would be sufficient. Those rings are questionable to me and Rawze. I heard there have been issues with them snapping in some cases. They are very brittle, I think we made a wise decision. The 600hp motor will be retuned for 450hp and 1650 torque, no need for anymore than that with what I do. Going for fuel economy, I want my 8+ MPG back that I had prior to the first in frame.

I'm curious about the liner height decision? Anyone who spends time on this forum knows the magic number is .014 What is it about the rings that would affect liner height? This thread is really awesome guys keep it up! I know it sucks for you waterloo i've been in those shoes more than once. The silver lining is you know it will be right from here on out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - tree98 - 04-26-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.