Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-26-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(04-26-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  I'm curious about the liner height decision? Anyone who spends time on this forum knows the magic number is .014 What is it about the rings that would affect liner height? This thread is really awesome guys keep it up! I know it sucks for you waterloo i've been in those shoes more than once. The silver lining is you know it will be right from here on out.

We ended up at 0.012" instead of 0.014" because of a bad reading on a newly purchased, expensive digital depth gauge and had to re-cut again to ensure they were all the same height. -- I will never again use a fancy expensive digital gauge to machine something, but instead go back to relying solely on my 1980's mechanical gauge that has never failed me. - the goal was 0.014" and still is in my book. todays digital technology just don't hold a candle to old-school precision clock works.

We decided to keep it at 0.012" instead of using thicker shimms.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Chamberpains , Waterloo , Brock , overshot , zero4 , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - Rawze - 04-26-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.