Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-03-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Well, Wildpib, Rawze and myself installed the head today! it is on, and torqued down to 300 ft lbs! Wildpib was a huge help, he stopped by for his 34 and was a real blessing. He really helped to speed up the process. It was King Kong (Rawze) and Wildpib who is all of four feet tall and me the ballerina... I did one hell of an impression of Swan Lake, LOL! Torquing the head to 300 ft lbs and I went tumbling! Fell flat on my rear end. King Kong stepped in and told me to stand aside, let me show you some old man ass. LOL! Rawze nailed all 24 bolts out with ease... I think he has done this stuff before. Hmmmm...

It was a good day, didn't start out as such though... We checked the head prior to uncreating and discovered two of the bearings for the cams were way off center in regards to the oil feed holes. One on each end, opposite of each other. So, we took the head up to Mr Haggs to get his opinion... We arrived, and there was an assortment of new and old heads sitting there in front of the shop, including my old head. Well, everyone we checked was like that. So, back to the house we went to install.

All went well, Rawze's crane did the heavy lifting and setting of the head with ease. Rolled it right up, and lowered it right to where it needed to be, really something to see. Set it down on the block and a very gentle love tap from a small hammer and she settled right in. Installed the bolts, did my ballerina moves, buttoned her up and went to dinner.

Damn glad that is over, will set the bolts tomorrow, that 90* turn the head bolts require and start putting the truck back together! Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , DDlighttruck , dhirocz , Hammerhead , Roysbigtoys , Volvo8873 , t700 , Kid Rock , Brock , zero4 , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - Waterloo - 05-03-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.