Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-16-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Did a bit more work in between the rain, worked on the truck for a bit. I am in the process of replacing the oil drain tube from the turbo to the oil pan, one of those EASY jobs, right?

There is a grommet located in the block where the tube enters. I could not find any mention of it on Quickserve, and stupid me did not look real hard and close at the new grommet, I thought it was a RUBBER grommet, not a wrapped in steel rubber grommet. The packaging was near solid with printing and you really had to look to see that metal ring.

I spent an hour removing the rubber grommet from the bushing and thought I was finished, open the new part and said WTF. I could have kicked myself. Glad I am in the process of removing the oil pan, it is ready to come off, waiting for the drill bit so I can Helicoil that bad bolt hole. It looks like the bushing can be knocked out from inside the block with a punch. I have the punches, so hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

See, this is the stupid stuff that just holds me up. Screw something up and it takes a day or even more to get back on track, and then something else pops up. If I had done this before, half of this stuff would never be an issue, because I would know.

Anyhow, Rawze came home with a new toy, so we went out back and putzed with that for a bit. We did some cleaning in his soon to be shop, years of stuff out there... I think we all have a spot like that, I do. Had some dinner and watched a movie, fun night. Off to bed!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - Waterloo - 05-16-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.