Ground locations...
05-15-2018, (Subject: Ground locations... ) 
RE: Ground locations...
Figured I would post on here an update on this.

I replaced the VSS pigtail and all is well so far now. Old sensor was just in bad shape and cracked... definitely NFG. Replaced the pigtail with a good linesman's knot, solder and adhesive lined heat shrink. Also used some wire twisters and made them a twisted pair. No more issues there. I think it might have been a combination of wiring and the sensor that did it.

New sensor was almost .020" shorter than the old. I don't know if it's because it deformed due to age or because it was some aftermarket junk. Old sensor went into the can.

I haven't had time to investigate the ground through the 7 pin more yet, however I did run a braided stainless ground strap to the front of the fifth wheel as a secondary ground. Guess what? Lights on the trailer now are great, no issues there. I'll still be investigating the 7 pin, Im sure it grounds more than just that, but that strap definitely helps the trailer lighting, especially on those trailers without any LED's.

Connector for trailer lights under the cab was also replaced with some fresh wire stripped to crimp down on.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Ground locations... - dhirocz - 04-09-2018,
RE: Ground locations... - dhirocz - 05-15-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.