CM871 oil pressure
04-12-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
RE: CM871 oil pressure
I am not getting alarms, it's been a while since I checked but I just remember it being very low. Rods and mains were just done before parking the truck, the oil pressure issue came just after I shimmed the pump. I did shim mine on the higher end.... .75 I believe. I'll be at the truck in a bit here and I'll double check numbers.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I replaced the oil filter today and pressure seemed to be restored, although it was 7-8 psi at 600 rpm idle. I put the new bypass valve back in and the pressure went back to zero. I figured out that I did have the correct (16mm) plug to hold the bypass valve in. So the loose bypass valve wasn't the issue. I bought a mechanical gauge and checked pressure at both the oil filter head and at the oil pressure sending unit. It was zero at both. I checked oil pressure with the mechanical gauge in my tripac motor. It immediately read 60 psi. So the mechanical gauge works. Tomorrow I'm going to pull the oil pump, disassemble it, and inspect.
Fingers crossed that the pump is just worn out and the dimes made it work harder and finished it off. We'll see.
replyreply
200 degree oil

650rpm 10psi
1000rpm 19psi

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
04-13-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
10 psi will log time under engine abuse history. You really have a issue there you should look at. With new bottom end bearings, fixing it might be as simple as doing the oil pump.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
mr hagg did my inframe and shimmed oil pump not sure how many dimes but 23 ish at idle 44 ish 1400 rpms cm 871

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I might have a clue here.
Right one turns.
Left one doesn't.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Well I'll NEVER EVER put dimes in the regulator again. Five in 3 out. Small piece came out from internals of pump. Gears turning fine.
0 psi pressure. Wanna guess where the other 1 3/4 are? I sure would like to know! Hopefully in the rifle before the oil thermostat. Probably where the blockage is. Those dimes can turn right at the passage in the second pic if you aren't careful.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
im very confused. you put dimes where and they went where? if you put them where they are supposed to go there is no way than can go anywhere and have done this dozens of times with 0 issues.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
Oh boy this doesn't seem good
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.