MY wiring mess
04-18-2018, (Subject: MY wiring mess ) 
MY wiring mess
I didn't know what else to call this thread. I visited Mr. Hag today, and it wasn't good news. I have a broken wire some where going to a sensor, that is keeping my turbo from spooling up. So, Mr Rawze do you have a video on how to use a mulitmeter? Mr Hag was telling how to start looking for this problem. The soonest he can look at it is in 2 weeks. I don't have insite yet but ordering the cable tonight. Does anyone have the wire diagram for the IMAP sensor and the exhaust pressure sensor? I have a 2010 International Prostar with 871. I would appreciate any advice on where to look for this wire or methods for trouble shooting this.
replyreply
RE: MY wiring mess
Set up a free account on quickserve, cummins site. It will give you access to all parts and manuals for your specific engine. There is a wiring schematic there as well.
replyreply
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+To+Use+...632#s64987

This should help

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I will check it out. THANK YOU
replyreply
Do you know which sensor? Is it intermittent or a constant problem?

Find the pinout diagram at the ecm and at the connector pigtail and start doing resistance checks. Most DVOM's measure ohms. I would unplug the connector from the ecm, don't back probe it.

If intermittent, you will need to try to replicate the conditions when the problem occurs while testing, which can sometimes be a PITA. Most often for me, this is the wiggle test...

Also make sure your ground integrity is good, etc...

Lots of videos on YouTube.

On another note, last time my turbo did that, was because the actuator couldn't move...VG ring was broken in pieces.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
04-19-2018, (Subject: MY wiring mess ) 
It is a consist problem. That is kinda what Mr suggest also. What do you mean by back probe?
replyreply
When you leave it connected and Pierce the back side of the connector. Don't do that...or Pierce the wire either.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Ok thanks.
I'm installing a new exhaust pressure sensor, anyone know what the torque is?
replyreply
HH, thanks that really help Alot explain different functions.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.