Cascadia DD13 Oil Bypass Question
04-18-2018, (Subject: Cascadia DD13 Oil Bypass Question ) 
Cascadia DD13 Oil Bypass Question
Has anyone installed a bypass system on the Cascadia DD series engine? If so, where did you mount the unit? Did you purchase a "bypass kit"? If not a kit, what type of supply/return lines did you use? Where did you make the connections for supply and return? And lastly, do you think it's even necessary after 690k miles?

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
04-19-2018, (Subject: Cascadia DD13 Oil Bypass Question ) 
RE: Cascadia DD13 Oil Bypass Question
Any reduction of soot in the oil is good. It will not hurt to run a bypass filter.

As far as where to mount it, you need to find a space that works...safe from road debris, rubbing on the filter, and somewhere that clears the hood and other components. I used the amsoil kit...no complaints.

Buy a couple extra filters...keep one under your bunk just in case, shops won't carry them!

As far as hoses and fittings, I would decide where you plan on connecting the inlet and outlet, and stop by a hydraulic shop and pick up the correct fittings and hose. You can use reusable JIC, like I did so I can change the hose if needed, or have the shop custom make you a set.

As far as specifics on DD engines, I'm clueless there.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2 , Doublecoin , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.