Oil in exhaust
05-11-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
(05-10-2018 )Fixmytruck123 Wrote:  Just a suggestion , you should check out IPD kits. Pm Unilevers he can give you all the info on them.

yeah just did that, thanks bud!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
05-14-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
So I couldn't pull the head today, gotta wait in line.

Instead found something else to do in the mean time, took a grinder and started to on getting some rust of the old stuff and gunk. Put a new coat on the old parts to make it look nice. This one was the first one I did, it came out looking nice! :).

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo
Very nice. What kind of paint are you using?
replyreply
(05-14-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Very nice. What kind of paint are you using?

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/eng...aint&pos=5

it might be a little expensive but ive used it before on car's and it lasts a long time. i'm planning on using some gloss to protect the paint from dirt n so on.

tho if you saw the previous picture, youd be stunned it turned out this good. i know i am, looks brand new. if i took my time on detailing it like a pro, would have came out looking brand new.

initially i just wanted to get rid of some of the old paint n some small amounts of rust. grinded it down as much as possible.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-17-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
Pulled the head of today, looks like it was because of the Injector... ;(.

replyreply
Here is the picture of the liner

replyreply
I can see liner fretting just from the pics of the head. Have that block cut and shimed. Also you need a new head. That one is toast.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
those are also some pretty crappy after-market liners too.

half-arssed repairs lead to half-arssed results.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
(05-17-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  I can see liner fretting just from the pics of the head. Have that block cut and shimed. Also you need a new head. That one is toast.

Do you think the block was cut and shimed from the last overhaul that was done 60k ago?

what makes you say the head is toast?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.