Oil in exhaust
06-12-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
got the oil pump cleaned up, finished putting the piston rings on, dropped the liners in, cleaned up the oil pan, wire wheeled bottom of the motor where the oil pan goes to " not sure what to call that lol..." sending the turbo out to get cleaned up and inspected. getting new piston oilers tomorrow, going to clean the rest of the parts that have been sitting in the trailer.

after being in and out of this engine this long, majority of the parts are still brand new. just the injectors werent changed and they should have changed the injector cups on the head. even i could afford the damn injectors and cups.... smh.... but f$%k it.

ill update you guy's after the truck starts up and i get home with it.

till then take care folks!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-02-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
Update!

I got lucky to some extent you could say.

so when the inframe was done last year on the truck, the head was never tightened down properly and lot of the other things. i'm at a loss for words, i can't imagine them just tightening them down with a impact gun alone... so that's where the shi#t show came from, the head was bouncing around and made my liner go out.

to the ppl reading this, when buying a used truck. check the bolts on the head! just check everything in general!. if you have a cummins, do a quickserve search and get the specs for the truck. i could have done it my self but i put too much faith in the shop that did the inframe.

The guy that i got the truck from couldn't believe me. i highly doubt the guy had any idea what was going on with the truck and he wouldnt have till he checked the head of the motor.

my situation could have been a whole lot worse, im just glad that it wasnt worse!

i will post a video when the truck gets done and she fires up!.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , Brock , pearce trucking , Wiseman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.