Oil in exhaust
05-04-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
Okay I've drained the coolant, well most of. I doubt I took out all of it. What do I need to do now to turn the truck on?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
What is this? What does it do? Is it supposed to be like this?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
just found out where this valve guide is at.... part # 4026657 line 24.

https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/porta...pp10188-06

this other link is the service bulletin for the valve guide, this is mainly for anyone else that is following this or runs into a issue like mine.

https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/pubsy...?q=06t2-12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this is the case ill need more $$$ then i figured, well at least the blades didnt shoot into my CAC " Cold Air Charge "system; learned what that means today lol. ill have to take of the injectors and use a borescope to see with in the engine???... luckly they have them in harborfreight for 80$ which isnt bad for a cheap version of it. called cummins to see how much this valve stem guide, its 8$... for 8$ i have to take nearly everything of the top to get to it???.. jesus.... also the rep said, id have to be extremely unlucky for it to go but knowing my good luck its only as good as my bad luck.

i'm going to get me some coffee, i'm extremely proud of my self for doing all that work by my self, since ive never done it by my self physically. also you guys are great, i hope you guys are all having a blessed day! keep in good health and everything else is everything else.

replyreply
(05-04-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  What is this? What does it do? Is it supposed to be like this?
That's your EGR valve it pumps abrasive soot into your engine. they always look like that.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
So when I was getting ready to take of the manifold, I guess it's called the egr pipe? Lol. Well in the picture where my orange finger is pointing, that pipe was loose as a gose for no reason...

replyreply
05-07-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
So today I got the cover of to take a look and see how much oil went in.... it looked like there was yo much. What do you guys think?

replyreply
Looks like your jake harness needs to be replaced.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
(05-07-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So today I got the cover of to take a look and see how much oil went in.... it looked like there was yo much. What do you guys think?

There's supposed to be a lot of oil on top of the head. I don't think your gonna find your problem in there. If there isn't a LOT of oil coming out of your exhaust ports from a bad valve guide, then you need a new turbo. Personally I don't see how a bad valve guide could let as much oil through as yours is. Be careful not to take apart a bunch of stuff that you don't have to, remember you have to put it all back together.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker , gatow900
I am starting to think this guy needs to hire some professional help.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker , bubbanbrenda

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.