Oil in exhaust
05-07-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
So I was on quickserce for 3 days looking at all the work I've got to do. I've never done this much work internally and asked AL here in IL if I could work on the truck at his shop and learn. So I towed the truck to his shop and now I'm about to stick a borescope in to check out the pistons and liners. Turbo seems fine just needs to get cleaned up and tested.

I'm hoping I can test the injectors while I've got them out. I'll keep you guys posted! Pray for me! Lol...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Oh my god

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I like this guy's ambition. He reminds me of a younger me. Just remember to use a torque wrench and follow every single proper instruction when it comes to reassembling your engine. While you have those injectors out you may want to have them tested.
replyreply
(05-07-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I like this guy's ambition. He reminds me of a younger me. Just remember to use a torque wrench and follow every single proper instruction when it comes to reassembling your engine. While you have those injectors out you may want to have them tested.

It wasn't that bad actually tearing it down, I thought you would need some special tools for the injectors n so worth. Not really I did all of the tearing down with my tool bag which doesn't have much, bare minimum. Harber freight tools which probablt cost 100-150$.

Only thing that sucked was the oil pan.... and working on the gravel stone. The stones were eating into me. Sucked it up n just kept at it. Almost got the oil pan off, started to get the oil pump n sump of but the mechanics were closing the shop down.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
We got the borescope down the 5th injector hole, then he looked of the wall where the piston goes up n down " what's that called? ". This is my interpretation of what he told me and explained to me. The rings that go around the piston, that broke or ended up damaging the cylinder walls " scuffing ". That was the reason why all that oil jumped into the manifold and into the turbo....

I'm still trying to understand it all, this is a kick in the teeth for me. Since i just started working, luckily I've got a little saved up. Tho the milk man will have to wait to get paid till the truck goes back to working how it should be.

I'm still in the dark about how much damage their is n how unlucky or lucky I am.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(05-07-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Oh my god

Dude tell me about it.... I'm still going at it. Just got sort of half way with the tear down. I'm just lucky AL is helping/letting me work outside his garage.

replyreply
That's what happened when my Pete needed its first rebuild. Oil out exhaust. Checked and it was the rings....... Full inframe.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(05-07-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  
(05-07-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Oh my god

Dude tell me about it.... I'm still going at it. Just got sort of half way with the tear down. I'm just lucky AL is helping/letting me work outside his garage.
Take your time, make sure your doing things properly. You say you have someone there helping you?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Well I can say your definitely gonna need more tools and better tools from here on out. Your looking at a full inframe at best. You stated you have broken piston rings on cylinder #5 which definitely ruined the cylinder liner. You never replace just 1 cylinder liner and piston pack. Thats the reason for the full inframe. If you don't know what your looking at then your truely gonna want someone that knows what they're doing and knows what they're looking at to be with you on the next decisions as you tear deeper into this. You can do the work but you need experienced eyes to catch things and do things properly.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.