Oil in exhaust
05-08-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
Is it just me or does image in post #52 is not appear to be the same engine as in post #37?. -- Again, something does not add up here.

Also, cracked liner(s) or rings would cause smoke to pour out of the exhaust and out of the oil fill tube, not flood the exhaust with tons of oil.

this guy is about an inch away from getting banned.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(05-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it just me or does image in post #52 is not appear to be the same engine as in post #37?. -- Again, something does not add up here.

Also, cracked liner(s) or rings would cause smoke to pour out of the exhaust and out of the oil fill tube, not flood the exhaust with tons of oil.

Looks to me #52 is new parts .Everything looks way to clean compaired to #37.HMMMMM

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
(05-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it just me or does image in post #52 is not appear to be the same engine as in post #37?. -- Again, something does not add up here.

i'm not sure what you mean the pics don't look alike... i just looked at them and don't understand how they couldn't be from the same engine.

so....rawze you are saying even tho the liner/ring's are broken it wouldn't be the reason why all the oil flooded the top of the motor and out the exhaust manifold and into the turbo?

when i took the oil pan off today to get that photo, the oil pan had a bunch of ring peaces all broken apart.

mechanic said its because of carbon build up on or in the liner?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(05-08-2018 )flonly Wrote:  

Looks to me #52 is new parts .Everything looks way to clean compaired to #37.HMMMMM

most likely you guys know something i dont that's funny looking. I did mention that this engine did have a overhaul done it last year. it hasnt even been a full year... thats why im so bummed out about all of this.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
So this is the proof I got from the previous owner of the truck.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201805/post_3477_1525828895_5580cf158e2bf11797d9936b68802931.jpg./uploads/201805/post_3477_1525828969_c02984056f3708c2ae552a856ae4db20.jpg

replyreply
(05-08-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  That is good news.

2 questions..... Are you only replacing the cracked liner and piston pack? And whats the name and location of the shop that's telling you that's a good course of action?

Replacing the cracked liner n piston pack? I think.

Lol.... bud I don't want to start a war. Can you tell me why you are asking That? It's between me and you on this forum. Talk to me like I'm your great grand child. So I can understand clearly.

replyreply
That receipt for the overhaul kit is a crap after market HHP junk. The price for the rebuild of the head, 2 injectors and turbo scream salvage yard parts. You my friend bought into a junk yard truck.
I would have no doubt you bought a complete rip off and you'll have endless problems. Your gonna keep having internal parts failures till you completely gut that engine and put quality back in it.
I hope your not working in the same parking lot of the shop that put that monstrosity together.
replyreply
(05-08-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  That receipt for the overhaul kit is a crap after market HHP junk. The price for the rebuild of the head, 2 injectors and turbo scream salvage yard parts. You my friend bought into a junk yard truck.
I would have no doubt you bought a complete rip off and you'll have endless problems. Your gonna keep having internal parts failures till you completely gut that engine and put quality back in it.
I hope your not working in the same parking lot of the shop that put that monstrosity together.

im not sure what to so say right now.... i know i got a truck that needs a lot of work but if that is the case. i got fooled and fooled my self.

no this isnt the guy that did the rebuild the first time.

replyreply
For those who did not spot it...

./uploads/201805/post_2_1525833170_f0b2559de445bf212b0b757287607bf1.jpg

Still,... the bottom end looks like a truck that is running clean oil and is de-mandated (post#52). The top end is absolutely filthy, oil is soot-packed and it looks like a typical EGR engine running EGR. -- Like I said, something does not add up when looking at it, so I thought I would call you out on it.

From previous post(s)...
./uploads/201805/post_2_1525834584_f0e57749bd44ead851070bbf5f3306f3.jpg
./uploads/201805/post_2_1525835168_03f2f09e955513fe9abc8f0392d9d73d.jpg

I am still on the fence with all you have posted here,... I can say this though ... If those rerciepts are for that truck.... UNLESS THEY GO BACK TO ALL OEM PARTS AND THE REBUILD IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! --- IF YOU STILL OWE A LOT ON IT, GIVE THE SHOP THE KEYS AND TELL THE LEASING COMPANY TO COME GET IT --- RUN!!! AWAY FROM THAT TRUCK AND ENGINE AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND GO FIND A TRUCK THAT SOMEONE HAS NOT COMPLETELY BUTCHERED UP WITH shi#t JUNK YARD PARTS!!!.

That or take it to someone who is going to gut that junk-yard after-market crap out of it and build it back the right way with all the recommended things/settings/parts mentioned on this forum. things like BRAND NEW OEM HEAD and not re-man , The correct OEM overhaul kit, new updated overhead cam(s) and new matching rollers/rocker assemblies, counter-bore with 0.014" liner height, head torquing recommendations, etc.etc.etc

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Chamberpains , gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.