Today's OODO
05-08-2018, (Subject: Today's OODO ) 
Today's OODO
Pretty much ALL Cascadias have the Davco 482 water separator/fuel filter as a primary in the fuel system. What I didn't know was that on the Cascadia ONLY, there is a bypass valve that will keep the fuel flowing even if the Davco filter is used up. What happens is that you see your fuel level rising in the filter then one day, yeah, it starts to recede. You go to thinking, "well that's cool, I don't know what happened there but it's lower now", so you just keep an eye on it because the filters are $46 each. Next fuel stop, it's lower, and so on. Until one day you just quit worrying about it. But in the interim you start doing a little research because you're puzzled by the level drop which you've never seen before. Then you start to notice what sounds like air ingress into the fuel system and you realize the bypass valve inside the Davco has opened. I was fortunate that when I realized what was happening I was right next to a Speedco. So I had that done as well as a grease job (special right now, fuel filter and grease for $45 if you're interested. No, I'm not pushing Speedco).
The rest of the day I spent replacing the engine air filter, coolant filter, cab air filter, and searching for an air leak...which I finally found. Replaced the front leveling valve on the steer axle which was the culprit. The problem is that the arm needed to be in a certain position in order for me to detect the leak.
I'm actually really curious now to see if my fuel mileage will increase as I only had a 4.5 minute recycle time with the air compressor. Oh yeah, I also did my laundry. It's not enough just to look good, you gotta smell good too. :waaaht:

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , schISM , Chamberpains , gsain , Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.