AC High pressure sensor
05-10-2018, (Subject: AC High pressure sensor ) 
AC High pressure sensor
Using insite I noticed under features and parameters that the ac high pressure switch was set to off. Is it safe to assume that this parameter needs to be turned on for the ac to work properly?
replyreply
05-11-2018, (Subject: AC High pressure sensor ) 
RE: AC High pressure sensor
(05-10-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Using insite I noticed under features and parameters that the ac high pressure switch was set to off. Is it safe to assume that this parameter needs to be turned on for the ac to work properly?

Every truck is different in that regard. Some trucks use an input wire to the ECM (parameter on), and some use the J1939 signal (parameter off).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
(05-11-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-10-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Using insite I noticed under features and parameters that the ac high pressure switch was set to off. Is it safe to assume that this parameter needs to be turned on for the ac to work properly?

Every truck is different in that regard. Some trucks use an input wire to the ECM (parameter on), and some use the J1939 signal (parameter off).

So I guess my trk uses j1939 because this parameter was off when I first used insite. I thought maybe it was affecting my ac performance because it was off. My ac won't be effected with it off?
replyreply
(05-11-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  
(05-11-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

So I guess my trk uses j1939 because this parameter was off when I first used insite. I thought maybe it was affecting my ac performance because it was off. My ac won't be effected with it off?

On my prostar for example, the setting for "Air Conditioning Pressure Switch Input" and "Fan Control Switch" have always been set to "Disable" the entire trucks life. My engine fan works just fine and it operates when it is supposed to.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
On my 2010 prostar the a/c pressure switch has to be disable on both the cummins and SAE J1939 Multiplexing side. Enabling it will keep fan running constantly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.