Cm2250 drinking coolant
05-26-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
RE: Cm2250 drinking coolant
Rawze the engineer... A look into the life of the man that so few know about, but yet follow in an educational way. Rawze is not perfect, and he will be the first one to tell you that. But he knows his stuff. Some of the things I have seen him pull off with machinery, non truck related, just blows my mind. But anyways...

That shoe box, he has thousands of plane ticket boarding passes, ticket stubs form all over the world, and that was one of two boxes, both were full. That is what the man did, field engineer, for more companies around the planet than you or I even even know of. Like I said, Rawze is an interesting and at times a complicated man. When I say complicated, it is meant in a good way. His brain never turns off.

./uploads/201805/post_218_1527311589_5a0e3044dcb7668921ba2031f984adfb.jpg
replyreply
What would I expect to be charged to have you rebuild it for me? Burlington nc isn't far from ga.
replyreply
Mr Hagg is around $4800 for labor. Parts are cheaper at his place due to his high volume. Me, I’m going back to work.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , JMBT
I had my motor done a year ago almost to the day at mr haggs and they are very knowledgeable and some of the best down to earth people you will ever meet.Mine inframe was 28350 and change but I did everything but cams and crank.I did a few things like air compresser and also demandated at same time they had someone come out and weld and make brackets for my steps on drivers side and never even charged me.No more check engine lights is a great thing.I do change my oil every 10000 miles and some might say that i could go longer but thats how i roll and oil looks like it just came from the jug when its at the 10000 mark.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-27-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
(05-26-2018 )flonly Wrote:  I had my motor done a year ago almost to the day at mr haggs and they are very knowledgeable and some of the best down to earth people you will ever meet.Mine inframe was 28350 and change but I did everything but cams and crank.I did a few things like air compresser and also demandated at same time they had someone come out and weld and make brackets for my steps on drivers side and never even charged me.No more check engine lights is a great thing.I do change my oil every 10000 miles and some might say that i could go longer but thats how i roll and oil looks like it just came from the jug when its at the 10000 mark.

They have these in frames down to a science, it is pretty cool to watch them tear down a motor in literally a few hours. Everything is extremely organized, parts are individually put in zip loc bags from each section of the motor and labeled. They have these large rolling shelf units that all of the parts are placed upon, not laying all over the place like in many shops. Antisieze is used, bearings are coated in Ultra Slick when installed, liners are oiled prior to placing the rods and pistons, torque measurements are strictly followed, block is machined and liner heights are measured, etc. It is really cool to see these guys in action.

And the parts they go through. Normal to see crates of in frame kits and fresh heads sitting in the bay. They have a well stocked parts room too loaded with genuine Cummins parts. It is a really cool place.
replyreply
05-29-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
(05-22-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  Who should I get parts from that's comparable to Cummins?

Post(s) like this make it seem like this person may have a lot to learn if they want start doing/getting things right.
Just asking because I don't know really anything about building engines
replyreply
05-29-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
(05-29-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  
(05-22-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  Who should I get parts from that's comparable to Cummins?

Post(s) like this make it seem like this person may have a lot to learn if they want start doing/getting things right.
Just asking because I don't know really anything about building engines
If you read the thread I just started, you'll see I have a fair bit of knowledge about my cm871. I knew nothing about any cummins engine when I started reading rawze's posts on another forum in 2013. I was interested in the detail he presented even though I didn't own a cummins at the time. My Mack burned down in Dec. 2014, and the knowledge I'd gained reading Rawze's posts gave me the confidence to buy a used Pete with a cm871 in it in March 2015. At that point I still had zero hands on experience with any Cummins. Indeed I'd done precious little beyond replacing lights and shocks on ANY truck. Fast forward and you can read my current thread. I've learned a LOT. But its taken time and dedication to figuring it out little by little. I think thats what Rawze was trying to say about having a lot to learn. Not really knowing anything isn't the problem. We all start there. Its the drive to learn that's important. As you can read, I've made lots of mistakes and failed a few times. Not quitting when you mess up, and giving yourself permission to be wrong and fail is necessary if you are going to take risks and try to get better.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.