Cm2250 drinking coolant
05-25-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
RE: Cm2250 drinking coolant
(05-24-2018 )Bruce_Sloane Wrote:  hhhmmmnnnn ...
so, roughly 900* delta T on the Air Side ..max

I am wondering about Water Flow, and temp differential across the Casting water side limitations

I would suggest you go find a nice collection of books and start studying diesel engine theory. This forum is not likely for you.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
well, I dunno ...
it's not "theory" that a Casting is designed to reject heat by circulation
and not a shocker that an engine burning more fuel produces more heat
geez ....
I wonder if that exceeding that parameter value might produce Head Cracking, huh ...??

It's not the airside differential causing heads to crack, that particular issue would destroy Valves first
replyreply
(05-25-2018 )Bruce_Sloane Wrote:  well, I dunno ...
it's not "theory" that a Casting is designed to reject heat by circulation
and not a shocker that an engine burning more fuel produces more heat
geez ....
I wonder if that exceeding that parameter value might produce Head Cracking, huh ...??

It's not the airside differential causing heads to crack, that particular issue would destroy Valves first

This site is not facefart, it is not nitwitter, it is not snatch-chat, and it is certainly not TTR -- It is not some place you can spread narcisitic crap all over like sour peanut-butter just to show-off one's arsse. I don't play nor like those social media games so go play them somewhere else.

banned ... Hopefully this complete moron is not tuning engines.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Hahaha, come on Rawze I'll bet he has a really high stack of certifications to back his statements and will make your eyes spin in amazement too!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
Ha ha ha this made me laugh.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-21-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  Who should I get parts from that's comparable to Cummins?

Cummins. Throw that aftermarket crap in there and you will be doing this again in under two years. And who is doing the work? Do you know if they know how to rebuild a Cummins motor? The dealership I had mine rebuilt at, with Cummins certified techs, did a crap job. Bearings were shot, installed wrong parts, total nightmare! Two years to the day, liner fretted, head shot, etc.

Don’t be stupid like myself, good luck.

And buy a NEW head, remans tend to fail in short order. Make sure they cut the block too, .014 on the liner heights!

Thats pretty much was what I was thinking. I was planning on using oem but was curious if anyone had used aftermarket stuff. Just wish this stuff wasn't so damn expensive.
replyreply
(05-25-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  ...
Thats pretty much was what I was thinking. I was planning on using oem but was curious if anyone had used aftermarket stuff. Just wish this stuff wasn't so damn expensive.

It comes down to what someone wants really. no one likes spending $25+k on repairing their truck or its engine. Since it hurts so much financially, and it is so expensive,.. the only thing that makes sense to me any ways is WHAT is it going to take to 100% ensure THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN FOR THE NEXT MILLION MILES!. - Saving some money right now because it hurts so much does no good if your going to be repeating history in a year or 2.

NEVER EVER EVER Guess at what you got, what shape your engine is in, its programming, or quality... -KNOW so that you can run your business efficiently and predictably. anything less and your only fooling yourself.

I run my own business and truck this way and have no tolerance for anything less. -- WHY? -- Because it makes me the most long term profit with the least amount of down time and expenses.

replyreply
I completely agree with you. I don't want to pay this high repair but at the same time I don't have a choice so i want to be sure it's done right the first time.
replyreply
(05-25-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  I completely agree with you. I don't want to pay this high repair but at the same time I don't have a choice so i want to be sure it's done right the first time.

I spoke with your boyfriend today, Rawze was busy and he asked me to take the call... if I were you, I would call Mr Hagg’s shop and make an appointment. Rawze and Mr Hagg work closely in regards to rebuilding these Cummins motors.

Rawze is an interesting fellow, he is a legitimate retired software, mechanical and electrical engineer. NASA, US NAVY Groton CT, nuclear power plants, etc... That kind of engineer, his resume is quite impressive. This man does not have to do any of this. The reason he does do it, is because when he married his now wife, she thought it would be cool to go trucking. Rawze bought the truck, hell, he was retired. Right out of the gate there were issues with the truck, Rawze, being a Macgyver type, went to fixing the issue, which happened to reside in the programming. The rest is History.

Rawze started this site because he was kicked off all of the others for obvious reasons, he does not mince words. The man is VERY PASSIONATE about the work he does with these Cummins motors, you and your boyfriend were on the receiving end of that. Bottom line, he is not some hack at a truck stop in Illinois... Hell, he wrote the only viable programing that works with these motors that covers all parameters. This is not some hack job that tricks the motors like the big outfits sell, like what I believe you have in your motor. The tell on your motor was no turbo boost gauge and or EGT (Pyrometer) gauge. Without either, you will cook your motor, especially with bad programming. Just saying. And you did.

Why Haggai Automotive and Diesel?

Rawze became involved with Mr Hagg at Haggai Automotive and Diesel due to the fact that Rawze's phone blows up on a regular basis to fix these Cummins motors, and his email? LOL! Total insanity...

Rawze knows how to fix them correctly and needed someone to send the trucks to, and not just anyone, the repairs had to be done by the book along with the proper programming for both longevity and fuel economy. These two put their heads together and made it work for both of them. The goal is to help drivers, there is no money involved on Rawze's end, unless you want to donate. That is up to you and everyone else here, if you want to support his work. And when I say by the book, I mean the Cummins Book, not Rawze's, not Mr Hagg's, CUMMINS. They have this thing called...

https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html.

That is the book, the book few dealers or Cummins shops follow, we do. That is how I rebuilt my motor, following the steps in the actual manual. And with much help from Rawze's video series on the rebuilding one of these things. I'm doing the work, Rawze helped with machining the block, he has the tool to do just that here in his driveway... The rest has been pretty much on me. The reason it is taking so long, I am slow and very anal along with parts delays and weather, we are doing this in the man's driveway. Im a truck driver, not a mechanic, but I guess I am one now.

Here is something interesting regarding Mr Hagg's shop. He is #1 in GA for Cummins in frames, and #4 in the country. The man has a four bay shop on a residential street for God's sake! In middle of nowhere GA! I have been there and watched folks drive their trucks in and drop them off, Mr Hagg has one of the family take them to the airport... Folks come from all over the country to have his crew work on their trucks. I have seen it, and if not for Rawze calling me, that is where I would have taken my truck, and been back on the road two months ago. Seriously.

Here is my story in a nutshell...

I was at the TA in Ann Arbor MI, I posted at Rawze.com that I believed my two year old in frame was crap, and my head was toast. I was about to call Mr Hagg in Griffin GA when my phone rang. It was Rawze, he told me to get my rear end down to GA and he will help me in frame the motor, he knew why and what went bad. Hell, he called it the day I took it in to the dealership two years ago to have the work done. I didn't listen.

I was told all of the right things by the dealership, that the block would be machined, liner heights would be set, etc... Well guess what? The block was not machined, they installed 450 HP CM-2350 parts in my OEM 600 HP CM-871 motor, did not read the TSB’s on the motor and reused known faulty parts and a host of other things. That was a $40,000 failed experiment on their part, and I paid the vig.

Do what you want, but I will tell you this, I have known Rawze for a few years, been running his programming for roughly 5 years. I called Rawze once or twice on behalf of others that were in a bad, very bad spot with their Cummins motors. I never bothered the man. When I was at the TA in Ann Arbor MI and my phone rang...

Don't be stupid like I was. Rawze knows the game, and he knows these motors. Hell, Cummins calls him for help. I have been living with the man and his family for nearly three months. I don't know the man, but I KNOW THE MAN. He is the real deal, listen to him, he is honestly trying to help and again, is extremely passionate about the work he does. Hell, folks from around the planet contact him regularly with issues, including the actual manufacturer. Enough said.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , iceman , Wiseman , hhow55 , Chamberpains , kalsandhu , JMBT , schISM , multitask

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.