Oil filter clogging
02-22-2016, (Subject: Oil filter clogging ) 
RE: Oil filter clogging
Had this happen to a friends. 871. Was soot plugging the filter. The cause was a egr valve jammed at 20%. Cummings tech found egr cooler had failed causing coolant and soot to form sludge in the egr valve jamming it once it hardens.
replyreply
02-23-2016, (Subject: Oil filter clogging ) 
(02-21-2016 )Bigd6505 Wrote:  Hello to all, I have a 2010 pete 386 with a cm871. I just bought this truck and changed out the oil and after 4k miles I was getting an alarm for low oil pressure. I changed the sensor and problem was still there. I changed the oil filter and pressure went back to normal 30-40 psi. 7K miles later same problem. I have a real good non visible coolant leak (1 gallon per 1k) and i'm afraid coolant is leaking into the oil. I just changed the oil and im waiting for the results of my sample. Any idea where I should start? oil cooler? Egr cooler? Thank you!

You are describing the excess soot scenario that ISX engines get.

It is caused by the engine producing a LOT of soot!. Much more than normal, most of the time, due to a lack of any kind of regular tune-up works, sensor cleaning/replacements, etc. The result is...

* Lower than normal fuel mileage.

* soot packing up the oil filters making for low oil pressure after a while... but goes away for a bit when replacing oil filters.

* eventual carbon packing on the pistons
./uploads/201602/post_1744_1456209480_cb1a6a607e723a6321384b040dd97e78.jpg

==============

* You get ...

* When it gets bad enough you get clogged IMAP and other EGR sensors, causing the engine to have power loss or hesitation in response. this also makes the problem accelerate.

* a LOT of excess engine wear.

* Clogged passageways and cross-drillings in the rocker shafts, rocker arms, rollers and cams start to run dry in the head.

* Clogged oil filters and oil filter plugging

* It leads to Clogging of the crank case filter, and that leads to oil seepage at the engine brake harness plug, and at the oil filler tube. And can also wipe out the face seals to the turbocharger.

You are likely slowly destroying your engine by driving it around like that!

start here...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=9#pid9
replyreply
02-23-2016, (Subject: Oil filter clogging ) 
maybe the new piston and liner will help. Only time will tell.
replyreply
02-25-2016, (Subject: Oil filter clogging ) 
I got my sample back finally and The silicon is at 22, the sodium is at 1152, and the potassium is at 1724. I had no other items flagged in the oil. Can this just be the egr cooler? Any suggestions where to start I'm not going to drive this until I can repair. Thank you
replyreply
Remove the Venturi pipe or the hose from your CAC to your Intake manifold, if coolant is present in your Intake then it is coming from the egr cooler.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
OK will do thanks. I was reading where someone said the EGR cooler cannot leak into the oil. I'm hoping that's wrong because an EGR cooler sounds better than cylinder head as my mechanic just mentioned.
replyreply
if your intake is dry then it could be coming from your oil cooler or a leaking injector sleeve, I would drop the oil pan and pressurize the cooling system.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
02-26-2016, (Subject: Oil filter clogging ) 
Pressure,test coolant. If egr cooler good drop oil pan, preesure test and leave overnight. Will see from which cylinder coolant comes.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
02-26-2016, (Subject: Oil filter clogging ) 
(02-25-2016 )Bigd6505 Wrote:  I got my sample back finally and The silicon is at 22, the sodium is at 1152, and the potassium is at 1724. I had no other items flagged in the oil. Can this just be the egr cooler? Any suggestions where to start I'm not going to drive this until I can repair. Thank you

I have a video on testing EGR cooler without taking it off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.