My Pete rebuild
08-26-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
RE: My Pete rebuild
With cars at this stage, where everything goes is pretty apparent.

This cluste$^&*@ on the other hand just gives me a million questions. Over or under? Behind or in front? Through or around? Which mount went there again? I do have pics, but it's hard to see since I wasn't bright enough to snap at every single hold down...

That aside, loctite or anti-seize for the starter bolts?
replyreply
08-27-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
(08-26-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  That aside, loctite or anti-seize for the starter bolts?

loc-tite. They are installed into an aluminum housing. Don't over torque them either.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
95 ft. lbs per spec, used loctite. Nothing goes into aluminum dry unless you like broken bolts lol.

I watched your wiring section, and Jerry made me feel a little better as I stood here with the exact same look on my face lol.
replyreply
It's just grounded.... any clues? I don't remember it, maybe it wasn't used?

replyreply
Just taking a stab at it, but that looks like an old style ABS connector.
replyreply
(08-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Just taking a stab at it, but that looks like an old style ABS connector.

Ahhh, just ran to the old shop where I stored the radiator - it's ground for the radiator frame.

Now I know which direction to run it.
replyreply
(08-27-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(08-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Just taking a stab at it, but that looks like an old style ABS connector.

Ahhh, just ran to the old shop where I stored the radiator - it's ground for the radiator frame.

Make sure there is a grounding wire to the radiator core itself too. I see a lot of guys missing that when they install a radiator and it leaves high potential for static buildup/discharges that can eat up the new radiator or other components.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Nostalgic
(08-27-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-27-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  

Make sure there is a grounding wire to the radiator core itself too. I see a lot of guys missing that when they install a radiator and it leaves high potential for static buildup/discharges that can eat up the new radiator or other components.

I've owned 7 trucks in the last 8 years and every single one of them had the ground wire just hanging there, I'd ask the mechanic whenever putting a new rad in and every single one always said it wasn't needed....... I just never questioned it.

Hasn't been till the last couple years that I've started questioning things mechanics do and also doing alot of my own. Two of my three current trucks aren't hooked up....... Guess what I'll be doing soon......?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I'd love to do that to mine. I love a clean, sterile engine.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.