Electrical power loss-help
07-01-2018, (Subject: Electrical power loss-help ) 
RE: Electrical power loss-help
New ecm's are pretty pricey. No one on here has complaints from the reman world on that part. If you get ahold of the forum whiz kidz (Unilevers, MommaBurt and maybe Mr. Hag) they can order it and program it for you. Maybe at a better price. Definitely better than the stealership doing it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(07-01-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  New ecm's are pretty pricey. No one on here has complaints from the reman world on that part. If you get ahold of the forum whiz kidz (Unilevers, MommaBurt and maybe Mr. Hag) they can order it and program it for you. Maybe at a better price. Definitely better than the stealership doing it.

That’s good to know. I was inclined to go new, but don’t have any real prices to compare.
Talked to Mr Hag last night. It’s in the works.
replyreply
If you caught it early enough, you can probably open up yours and find a broken solder point for free. That is what waswrong with mine, unfortunately I had that code for a very long time so my damage was beyond repair.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(07-01-2018 )Brock Wrote:  If you caught it early enough, you can probably open up yours and find a broken solder point for free. That is what waswrong with mine, unfortunately I had that code for a very long time so my damage was beyond repair.

That looks interesting. Rawze said in the other posts that opening it was tricky, because of the glue, and how delicate it is inside. If I were home I’d be more inclined to try it.
Phew! What is the core worth? And if I screw it up, will I lose that??
I wouldn’t want to try it until the info is downloaded out of it first.
replyreply
Thinking about it, that is probably why mine didn't last...... I just cut open the glue and peeled the tin back. The electronic shop I dealt with said I probably bent and snapped the board inside.

It's just a silicone sealant around it, I would use a heat gun and be very gentle to open it if I did it again. So long as you dont damage your outside, you'll get your core back if it doesn't work..... I beat the snot out of mine and still got my core.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.