Cummins X15, what's the word?
08-17-2018, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
RE: Cummins X15, what's the word?
(08-15-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  I would be more interested in them if I could scan it myself with insite. Last time I checked, 7.6.2 was too old to do it, and I don't want to pay a subscription every year for a newer copy of insite to scan an engine.

What would be great is if you could upload a program to run an x15 into an older ecm and run it from that...but something tells me it's not that easy, or it would have been done already!
Guys on here have said that 7.6.2 works on the X15 just fine. I'll find out soon, mine will be here in a couple weeks.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy
08-17-2018, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
Keep us posted. That was a game changer for me, I'll be hoping you are right! I'm keeping an eye on it anyway, still too new to know what all it's quirks might be...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
09-27-2018, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
Just got the second x15 thru the shop. 565-1850 torque this time. 3.90 gear with an 18 speed in a daycab W900. Seems to have plenty of power. Very responsive. Its permited to gross 117k so it'll get a pretty good workout. I was quite pleaded with the seat of the pants feel compared to stock 2250-2350s ive driven. Only complaint is it vubrates terribly at 600rpm idle. Which I hear is normal.
The owner has another x15 605-2050 heavy haul tractor with around 80k on it and is very pleased so far
replyreply
(09-27-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  ...
quite pleaded with the seat of the pants feel

The more low-end response they put into those ISX engines, the more often they will fail with liner fretting issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Serega , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy
(09-27-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-27-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  ...
quite pleaded with the seat of the pants feel

The more low-end response they put into those ISX engines, the more often they will fail with liner fretting issues.
I will say that it seems happiest at 15-1600. Not sure if thats in the factory calibration or the geering. But maybe that will help it hold together bein higher in the rpm.
replyreply
(09-27-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  ...Only complaint is it vibrates terribly at 600rpm idle. Which I hear is normal.

Extreme vibration at low RPM is indicative of extremely high static compression ratios.
Hi static CR engines are "snappy" by nature, as is rod, main, and piston skirt thrust wear.

Based on Cummins love of mid stop liners and insufficient liner protrusion, I see piss poor longevity as a continued characteristic.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , hhow55 , dhirocz , ZeroNthedark , indian_richard , PuroCumminsPower
11-24-2018, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
X15 still gonna have linner problems you think?
replyreply
11-25-2018, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
What do I know....
If they run them at a low rpms , never put in longer rods .... Why not
But then again there are door knobs smater then me , LMFAO

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , stevesparts , Magard
12-19-2018, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
Well, here's first major failure on an x15 I've personally seen, and it's a whopper. 550-1850 tq in a W900b heavy haul tractor. Let go on a flatstretch of road at about 50mph. Not sure exactly what happened yet. 34k miles. Stone stock.   
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , indian_richard , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.