Loss of coolant
08-04-2018, (Subject: Loss of coolant ) 
Loss of coolant
I know it's been covered, but is losing 1/2 gallon of coolant in 2600 miles a problem I should be worried about? No signs of leaks but im not sure if its just burning it because of weather or
Or getting into thr egr cooler
Running in Texas, 2012 prostar
replyreply
RE: Loss of coolant
It will wash out the rod and main bearings in no time. Also cylinders.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-04-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  It will wash out the rod and main bearings in no time. Also cylinders.

Ok. Getting it taken care of. I can smell it in front of the truck. Maybe the radiator hose clamps are getting loose
replyreply
08-05-2018, (Subject: Loss of coolant ) 
I would also take a look at your transmission heat exchanger. My truck started losing coolant and it turn out to be the stupid heat exchanger leaking coolant into my transmission. Since I am a excavating contractor ( I rarely drive more than 45 minutes to a job ) I decided to plugged and removed the coolant hoses. Then I flushed my trany and put in new oil. Someday I would like to put an air to oil trans cooler on my truck.
replyreply
See if you have coolant, in the rear of your egr cooler

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Ok thank u for the replies. So topping off coolant is not normal
replyreply
It can be normal when you have small leaks. There are a lot of places coolant can leak. The suggestions the guys have given you are common but are on the extreme end of coolant leaks. Get yourself a coolant pressure tester and pressurize the system to 20 psi and start fixing leaks. Fix the ones you find and retest for at least an hour. More will likely show up slow and some leaks are stubborn to find. Also take an oil sample and have it tested for coolant intrusion.
Ebay, amazon,walmart or you local Auto parts store should or will have a universal coolant pressure tester kit. The one I got from ebay came with every adapter possible and a vacuum pump for under $100.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
Thank you so much
replyreply
08-10-2018, (Subject: Loss of coolant ) 
Well here was the problem

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.