Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
03-11-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
(02-21-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Cummns ISX CM871: The solution to most EGR problems in a nut shell (by Rawze)...

How does one prevent the endless cycle of EGR/DPF problems, and to keep their fuel mileage at its peak?,...

Well, actually, both go hand-in hand believe it or not. If there is something on your engine that has lowered your fuel mileage, then that

I have an exhaust leak in DOC, before first clamp. Its leaking at front end of can at the joint where cap is welded on. Is there seal in there to replace or do i need new DOC?
Edit: Second truck just came in doing same thing, it smokes alittle out doc until temps go up to 1000, then smoke stops. isthis normal?
replyreply
(03-11-2019 )eggtrucks Wrote:  I have an exhaust leak in DOC, before first clamp. Its leaking at front end of can at the joint where cap is welded on. Is there seal in there to replace or do i need new DOC?
Edit: Second truck just came in doing same thing, it smokes alittle out doc until temps go up to 1000, then smoke stops. isthis normal?

maybe some pictures of where its leaking>?

As far as smoking during a regen, depends on how well the fuel ignites. In colder weather for example, it is not unusual to see plumes of white smoke during a regen while going down the road while the system is getting up to temp.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-11-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-11-2019 )eggtrucks Wrote:  I have an exhaust leak in DOC, before first clamp. Its leaking at front end of can at the joint where cap is welded on. Is there seal in there to replace or do i need new DOC?

As far as smoking during a regen, depends on how well the fuel ignites. In colder weather for example, it is not unusual to see plumes of white smoke during a regen while going down the road while the system is getting up to temp.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(03-11-2019 )eggtrucks Wrote:  
(03-11-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

I think some of those cans have small holes in the bottom of the element(s) so that moisture can drain and prevent condensation build up. If it is only small amounts, then it may just be from that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-11-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  I think some of those cans have small holes in the bottom of the element(s) for condensation runoff. If it is only small amounts, then it may just be from that?. - Jest a guess.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
This is where i thought it was leaking on ISX. Maybe actually was coming from same vent
replyreply
07-23-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
Thanks for the add. I have 13 cm2350 that I just bought 2 months ago that currently has 575,853 miles. Since I’ve had it I’ve had to put in almost a gal on coolant and I was just chalking it up as egr was failing but yesterday I was changing the delta p sensor and I noticed that there was liquid that seeped out of the threads of the egr temp sensor for a split second after I turned the truck off. Is that where my coolant is going and what do I need to looking at that causes this? Thanks for the response
replyreply
If it was coolant than it is probably from EGR cooler take pipe off back of cooler put some type of tupperware bowl under the cooler then pressurize the system with a pressurization kit and let it sit overnight and see if coolant appears in tupperware bowl

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(07-23-2019 )Devildog1 Wrote:  Thanks for the add. I have 13 cm2350 that I just bought 2 months ago that currently has 575,853 miles. Since I’ve had it I’ve had to put in almost a gal on coolant and I was just chalking it up as egr was failing but yesterday I was changing the delta p sensor and I noticed that there was liquid that seeped out of the threads of the egr temp sensor for a split second after I turned the truck off. Is that where my coolant is going and what do I need to looking at that causes this? Thanks for the response

you need to find out exactly where that coolant is going. Driving the engine with it going into the intake, or through the EGR circuits will destroy the engine very quickly due to accelerated wear of everything from the liners to the crank bearings, and everyting else. It is nothing to play with or take lightly.

-- Start by pressurizing the coolant system with a pressure test set and ensure you do not have external leaks first. After that, check to ensure the egr cooler is not leaking, etc.

Hopefully it is not an internal leak (head gasket, injector cup, etc.).

-- If you are loosing coolant into the engine, egr cooler, or egr circuits, then your engine oil, DPF, DOC, EGR Valve, EGR piping, and possibly the SCR can are all likely toast as well. Coolant will kill all those components too, leaks into the engine or EGR system is nothing to play around with. If that is the case, then the oil needs changing, DOC and DPF pulled, cleaned, de-ashed, SCR inspected for face buildup, all the eGR circuits need cleaning out, all the egr sensors replaced, etc.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.