Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
07-22-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
I'm having a problem with my 2009 kw cm871, and i sure would appreciate some input.
On my last run i noticed my coolant temp's are going to 208F, then the fan kicks in, and the temp's go down to 195f. Then i see my fuel mileage beginning to decline. The dpf light come's on, and i do a stationary regen. Then all is well, fuel mileage is up, and the coolant temp is normal. And before the stationary regen, i'm noticing bluish smoke, only when climbing a hill or mountain, however this bluish smoke goe's away after the stationary regen. I'm hoping the doc is not cracked. If the doc is cracked, wouldn't it have a bluish smoke at all times?
Please advise, much appreciated
Thanks

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
07-23-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
UPDATE: Did injector leak test, and seen bubble's on front bank. Going to bar the engine over tomorrow, and narrow it down to which injector.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
07-23-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
That sounds like it could be a leaky injector over-fueling a cylinder. Could also be a leaky Doser injector or some other thing as well.

Any oil consumption issues?

Pulling off the cans, taking pictures of their faces and posting it may not be a bad idea while you have it down.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-24-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
Howard! Why have you not MM'd that thing!?!
replyreply
(07-24-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Howard! Why have you not MM'd that thing!?!

hell, I've only put 5000 mi on it since getting it all back together. You think your situation was bad, i've had the truck 4 yrs, and only put a 100k miles on her. thank God i had a backup truck, to keep running. mm is the next step.
I'm also trying to get insite installed, and i can't seem to get the software from the disc to the hard drive, another headache

replyreply
How to put Insite on a laptop...

1)Remove laptop from case
2)Open laptop screen
3)Say "Ooh, computer!"
4)Close laptop screen
5)Place Insite CD on top of laptop
6)Congratulations, you have put Insite "ON" your laptop...

LMFAO, somedays my brain scrambles and I had best not touch the computer.
No, I haven't been drinking yet today, this was just a funny...

Sorry Howard...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman
(07-24-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  How to put Insite on a laptop...

1)Remove laptop from case
2)Open laptop screen
3)Say "Ooh, computer!"
4)Close laptop screen
5)Place Insite CD on top of laptop
6)Congratulations, you have put Insite "ON" your laptop...

LMFAO, somedays my brain scrambles and I had best not touch the computer.
No, I haven't been drinking yet today, this was just a funny...

Sorry Howard...

In case anyone needs help putting oil in their car...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Exclamation RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
Ok,
I'm a good sport, actually the humor is appreciated
Laughing my arse off. Humor is alway's good.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-07-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(02-21-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Post #1.
Man read this again start to finish....there is a lot of info here. Thanks again.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.