Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
08-23-2023, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
(07-22-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  I'm having a problem with my 2009 kw cm871, and i sure would appreciate some input.
On my last run i noticed my coolant temp's are going to 208F, then the fan kicks in, and the temp's go down to 195f. Then i see my fuel mileage beginning to decline. The dpf light come's on, and i do a stationary regen. Then all is well, fuel mileage is up, and the coolant temp is normal. And before the stationary regen, i'm noticing bluish smoke, only when climbing a hill or mountain, however this bluish smoke goe's away after the stationary regen. I'm hoping the doc is not cracked. If the doc is cracked, wouldn't it have a bluish smoke at all times?
Please advise, much appreciated
Thanks

I have had this issue a few times in our fleet. Every time I've had this issue was during a Regen. I have always found the smoking from an exhaust leak from the head(exhaust manifold gaskets) to the DOC. Run a Regen and wait for smoke to show itself. Be patient till the dpf temps go up (that's when fuel is injected toward the doc) when an exhaust leak is between these points oxygen gets in the system and allows the diesel to ignite.(why it smokes) as to the coolant temps this is normal. During regens or pulls coolant temps frequently go up to 210(pressurized systems don't boil until upward of 230) if your thermostats are good and radiator isn't plugged with a working fan your temps will be between 180 and 210.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... - Dbrix - 08-23-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.