Charge Air Cooler
08-30-2018, (Subject: Charge Air Cooler ) 
RE: Charge Air Cooler
(08-30-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-29-2018 )Matt Wrote:  I suspect a leak on my CAC, waiting on the proper equipment to arrive to test this properly but in the mean time I have been looking for a new CAC so I'm ready to buy it I need one, I'm essentially posting to confirm what I already know from this site.

I've read here many testimonials on the Duralite coolers and am NOT considering one of those. The local dealer wants $2100 (canadian dollars) for the OEM Paccar CAC. Is that basically the only option? are there any aftermarket coolers that we know of that would be a suitable replacement? Anyone in western canada know of a better deal on the OEM?

2008 Kenworth T660 with CM871. MMd and demanated.

Thanks!

Hey Matt,
Call Edmonton KW and Great West KW in Calgary for quotes.
I just bought an OEM CAC for my T800 wide hood and it was CA$2100.00, so a standard hood version should be less. They're more common, and much smaller.
CTS KW has had it too good for too long, they need some in province competition like AB to smarten them up.

CTS KW is terrible. I was thinking of calling into AB. Thanks for the names. I'll call em today and see what they have to say.
replyreply
Make them compete. Whether they actually give you a lower price or not. Such and such told me they would ship it to me for $1700 (even though they didn't). Some times competition needs to be jump started to knock these big players back down out of greedy area's.
replyreply
Edmonton and Calgary both are at 1800! As luck would have it I'm unloading in Calgary on Saturday and loading in Edmonton on Sunday BUT only Leduc has stock and they're closed Sunday. Might call CTS and see if they will play ball.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
09-01-2018, (Subject: Charge Air Cooler ) 
(08-30-2018 )Matt Wrote:  Edmonton and Calgary both are at 1800! As luck would have it I'm unloading in Calgary on Saturday and loading in Edmonton on Sunday BUT only Leduc has stock and they're closed Sunday. Might call CTS and see if they will play ball.
If I was around I'd say come to the shop Sunday after your loaded and we'll rip your old one out and drink some beer, then zip your old one down to Leduc first thing Monday and get the core charge instantly...but sorry, I'm in Wy headed south

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-03-2018, (Subject: Charge Air Cooler ) 
(09-01-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-30-2018 )Matt Wrote:  Edmonton and Calgary both are at 1800! As luck would have it I'm unloading in Calgary on Saturday and loading in Edmonton on Sunday BUT only Leduc has stock and they're closed Sunday. Might call CTS and see if they will play ball.
If I was around I'd say come to the shop Sunday after your loaded and we'll rip your old one out and drink some beer, then zip your old one down to Leduc first thing Monday and get the core charge instantly...but sorry, I'm in Wy headed south

I appreciate the offer! I was stuck loading till bloody 4pm anyways...I ground down Custom Truck and they matched the Alberta price. Bought it on the phone and got the old man to pick it up so that's tomorrow's project. Should be swapped and ready to move tuesday AM.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
09-03-2018, (Subject: Charge Air Cooler ) 
Got my test kit and applied it to the CAC, totally shot. Dead. Done. Wish I had checked and changed it sooner..lesson learned. The new one was a PITA to get in but with a little messing around we got it sitting on there nice. Went with a Paccar cooler. Looking forward to getting it on the road and seeing the difference in MPG.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.