Recommended full synthetic oil
09-15-2018, (Subject: Recommended full synthetic oil ) 
Recommended full synthetic oil
2019 Freightliner CASCADIA 126. DD15, 505 HP, mfg. date 04.18
Dealership recommended 10W-30 oil. But 10W-30 is synthetic blend (Shell rotella T5). Would a full synthetic 5W-40 (Shell rotella T6), be better option for me to use?
replyreply
RE: Recommended full synthetic oil
You won't find much backing for any synthetic oil around here.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 01377al
How are you going to justify the higher cost when you have to dump it just as often as miner oils that are proven over and over to be the least of anyones issues with any modern engine?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid30328

and then there is this....
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...66#pid7766

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , 01377al
09-16-2018, (Subject: Recommended full synthetic oil ) 
I’ve been using Mobil 0W40 for the last year and a half with pretty good results. Still dump it at 15,000 and if you buy it at WalMart it’s around $4.57 a quart vs. $3.25 for rotella. Before the demandate it stayed cleaner longer(3000 miles) and cut consumption to near nothing. The API certs. are SM, SN, SL, & SJ. so if Detroit is requiring the new FA-4 cert. oil to be used you may wanna stick to the 10W30 synthetic blend at least till the warranty is done.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
09-16-2018, (Subject: Recommended full synthetic oil ) 
(09-16-2018 )schISM Wrote:  I’ve been using Mobil 0W40 for the last year and a half with pretty good results. Still dump it at 15,000 and if you buy it at WalMart it’s around $4.57 a quart vs. $3.25 for rotella. Before the demandate it stayed cleaner longer(3000 miles) and cut consumption to near nothing. The API certs. are SM, SN, SL, & SJ. so if Detroit is requiring the new FA-4 cert. oil to be used you may wanna stick to the 10W30 synthetic blend at least till the warranty is done.
Detroit says that you can use 10w-30 or 15w-40. That wont void warranty.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
11-05-2018, (Subject: Recommended full synthetic oil ) 
Full synthetic has many good things going for it.
However, the high price is generally amortized by increasing the drain interval....which...all things considered is not a good idea. We all know and respect Rawze's views, backed by a certain amount of experience, on that score.

Industry has some very good systems of oil filtration. These items are not found in the J.C. Whitney catalog...nor are they found in a truck stop.
There are two and only two that I've found helpful. I have used both. Each has its strong point.
My first post mentioned these two by name and were redacted.
I have to respect that but not necessarily agree with it.
Both have extensive track records of successful filtration.
I have never paid for an oil change and never intend to.
I have no financial interests in either.
I'd be glad to discuss this via PM if someone might be interested.
replyreply
03-08-2020, (Subject: Recommended full synthetic oil ) 
I thought this video was interesting.
https://youtu.be/hTyrc1zjKEA

here is what intrigued me...
It is clear that both oils are missing proper amounts of zinc (1150 - 1440) because of emissions regulations, but at least the Shell has some extra moly to make up for it, the mobil does not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Roysbigtoys , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.