After treatment history
09-19-2020, (Subject: After treatment history ) 
RE: After treatment history
(09-19-2020 )schISM Wrote:  
(09-19-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Short regen history that ive noted in the last week.
Passive regen at 42 hrs , 67 hrs and yesterday 76 hrs.

Is this a sign of things to come ? also its never asked me for a parked regen , should I perform one ? No lights on dashboard or anything or any codes in J1939. Local runs 300 miles a day avg with some Chicago common stop and go rail to rail.

Hard to say what needs to be done if anything. If your not suddenly experiencing excessive oil consumption or coolant loss I’d say your doc/dpf could be nearing the end of service life. You could try a parked regen and it might lengthen the passive ones but if all else seems okay I’d consider permanently fixing the issue or budgeting for a new dpf filter.

No oil or coolant consumption. Im ready to fix permanently right now , just don't trust anyone to do it but the people I've heard of on here. I'm willing to travel to resolve this, before it really starts draining my pockets.
replyreply
09-20-2020, (Subject: After treatment history ) 
(09-19-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(09-19-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Short regen history that ive noted in the last week.

Is this a sign of things to come ? also its never asked me for a parked regen , should I perform one ? No lights on dashboard or anything or any codes in J1939. Local runs 300 miles a day avg with some Chicago common stop and go rail to rail.

Hard to say what needs to be done if anything. If your not suddenly experiencing excessive oil consumption or coolant loss I’d say your doc/dpf could be nearing the end of service life. You could try a parked regen and it might lengthen the passive ones but if all else seems okay I’d consider permanently fixing the issue or budgeting for a new dpf filter.

No oil or coolant consumption. Im ready to fix permanently right now , just don't trust anyone to do it but the people I've heard of on here. I'm willing to travel to resolve this, before it really starts draining my pockets.

Get her down to Mr Hagg if possible, just bobtail down there as I did, because it will financially bankrupt you, especially with what you are doing around Chicago. A DOC/DPF system is bad enough, then throw in DEF and SCR... We call this the Kirby Vacuum effect, it sucks your wallet AND bank account dry in short order, or even worse. And yes, it can and normally does get worse if you do not take care of this ASAP. Fill the tanks and bobtail to Griffin GA.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
Yeah , do I need to make an appt ? Or is it first come first serve?
replyreply
(09-20-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-19-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  

Get her down to Mr Hagg if possible, just bobtail down there as I did, because it will financially bankrupt you, especially with what you are doing around Chicago. A DOC/DPF system is bad enough, then throw in DEF and SCR... We call this the Kirby Vacuum effect, it sucks your wallet AND bank account dry in short order, or even worse. And yes, it can and normally does get worse if you do not take care of this ASAP. Fill the tanks and bobtail to Griffin GA.

Very true, the company I work for Ill see new trucks come in and seems like around the 200-250k and once they start its just a domino effect it will be back every month or so with something else wrong (exhaust problems) then some of the sister trucks have gone 400k+ with not even a nox sensor gone bad. But I can tell you we have 4 switchers Id love to f'n delete there in the shop every other week. just luck of the draw really
replyreply
(09-20-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Yeah , do I need to make an appt ? Or is it first come first serve?

Yep, make an appointment.

(678) 688-8107

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
09-25-2020, (Subject: After treatment history ) 
Abit late to the party, but here's my X15 performance at 198,000 miles.

replyreply
(09-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Abit late to the party, but here's my X15 performance at 198,000 miles.

seems to regen every 2 hours?-- sounds a bit frequent to me. Something keep interrupting it?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Abit late to the party, but here's my X15 performance at 198,000 miles.

seems to regen every 2 hours?-- sounds a bit frequent to me. Something keep interrupting it?
Looks like every 102 hours? I'm sure if it was regening that frequently some symptoms of a bad filter would've shown up?
replyreply
(09-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  
(09-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  

Looks like every 102 hours? I'm sure if it was regening that frequently some symptoms of a bad filter would've shown up?

baah.. my bad,.. must have read it wrong lol... i think the beer took over on that one ... thanks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.