Looking at buying a used truck, opinions on this maint history
11-01-2018, (Subject: Looking at buying a used truck, opinions on this maint history ) 
Looking at buying a used truck, opinions on this maint history
Hey guys,
Looking at buying a class 6 truck for starting a local delivery company and I wanted to get some opinions on this one.

2012 Freightliner m2 106 w cummins isb 6.7 and fuller auto shift trans. The truck was fleet maintained and has 194k miles on it however the engine as just overhauled. I cannot decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Here is the maintenance history of the truck. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Nick

Attached File(s)
.pdf  m2repair history 4.pdf (Size: 249.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
replyreply
11-01-2018, (Subject: Looking at buying a used truck, opinions on this maint history ) 
RE: Looking at buying a used truck, opinions on this maint history
those little shits carbon packed like crazy and about 75% of them were rebuilt early in their lives due to oil usage and emissions problems. They are not treated as well as the bigger isx versions for some reason so expect it to be abused. i have lost track of how many of them ive had to "fix" due to the dealers wanting to inframe it for its emissions issues.
replyreply
RE: Looking at buying a used truck, opinions on this maint history
(11-01-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  those little shits carbon packed like crazy and about 75% of them were rebuilt early in their lives due to oil usage and emissions problems. They are not treated as well as the bigger isx versions for some reason so expect it to be abused. i have lost track of how many of them ive had to "fix" due to the dealers wanting to inframe it for its emissions issues.

So in that case I guess it wouldnt be a bad thing hopefully staring with a "fresh" engine. They said it was replaced due to cylinder wall scaring. I plan on keeping up with the egr/emissions cleaning. Just trying to figure out how to sift through this crap shoot of used trucks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.