Paccar ESA
11-03-2018, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
Paccar ESA
I found some older threads, but hoping someone could shed some light so that I can get some gauges activated...

* I bought a chinese Nexiq USB-Link, and have ESA 4.4.9.259

* Nexiq Device Checker works both with 1708 and 1939.

* Nexiq USB-Link also works fine with Insite on 1939 without any issues (that I found)

But, when I connect with ESA, the nexiq faults (brief flash, hear the click and the data light goes out - computer "bo-donks" because the USB drops). It does this 3 times as it tries to connect to each module. I tried another install of ESA with no change. Same error 134.

Any thoughts?
replyreply
RE: Paccar ESA
What driver did you use for chinese Nexiq ? I heard you can't use original driver from Nexiq web, only use driver that came with your adapter.
replyreply
The one that came with it, and like I said, it works fine with Insite.
replyreply
11-04-2018, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
Been more than a few posts on the Chinesium Nexiq, prone to failure and or do not work. Best advice, get a real one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , tree98 , smorgan87
Sometimes with programs you have to go in and manually designate to read an RP1210 adapter. If your using "auto connect" it may be just bugging out. Make sure it's designated to connect to your specific connection. Such as which USB port #, if it's RP1210 adapter or whatever it is, and if it can specify it's a J1939 connection.
replyreply
At this point, I'm leaning towards something in the half baked nexiq, but I really hate to toss another $700 for a 3rd adapter. How useful, really, is the ESA once things are set up? I mean, I guess I can justify it for future ABS use...
replyreply
(11-04-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  At this point, I'm leaning towards something in the half baked nexiq, but I really hate to toss another $700 for a 3rd adapter. How useful, really, is the ESA once things are set up? I mean, I guess I can justify it for future ABS use...

for ABS, bendix software is free from their website I think.

I use Jpro for anything else I have to look at non engine related on mine any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I just went ahead and ordered a USB-Link2 from Tooltopia. I'm pretty sure ESA is the only one that will take care of adding gauges the instrument panel? I know if I was planning on working on more than just my truck, I wouldn't even bother with ESA since it's pretty much obsolete.
replyreply
the only way to guarantee a non clone nexiq is to buy it right from snap-on(which owns nexiq). I would not buy one anywhere else as its 75% a clone and they are utter shi#t.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , quickrigs

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.