Paccar ESA
11-04-2018, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
RE: Paccar ESA
(11-04-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  the only way to guarantee a non clone nexiq is to buy it right from snap-on(which owns nexiq). I would not buy one anywhere else as its 75% a clone and they are utter shi#t.

Curious what you paid, Snap-on online only shows the training. I've seen Diesel Laptops sells one as well, I think about $700. I called a Fleetpride and the guy was clueless and didn't know where to even look.
replyreply
https://store.snapon.com/Non-Catalog-Ite...92019.aspx

Snap On lists for $850. I've been without a dealer for a few months, got a new one, and he made 1 appearance so far. No relationship yet, so I didn't even bother.

Tooltopia has always been good, so I'll be surprised if it's not legit. $675

https://www.tooltopia.com/nexiq-124032.aspx
replyreply
(11-04-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  the only way to guarantee a non clone nexiq is to buy it right from snap-on(which owns nexiq). I would not buy one anywhere else as its 75% a clone and they are utter shi#t.

I'll second that, local fleet-pride has genuine too. I got one right here from Amazon through a seller called "Nexiq". I updated the firmware for it about a month after i got it, and it stopped working. That was supposed to be genuine, paid $700+ for it, and it ended up being fake when I called nexiq and asked to verify the ser#.

I eventually got a replacement from amazon and an apology but it took more than a month. I ended up giving it to Mr.Hag in return for him helping me with my tranny, as I had 2 genuine Nexiq's at that point.

(11-04-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  ...
I called a Fleetpride and the guy was clueless and didn't know where to even look.

I purchased my second one from the local Fleet=-Pride for $750 while fighting with the amazon seller over the first one. I would suggest calling another fleet-pride if the one near you is clueless.

My recommendation -- Fleet-pride, then update the firmware in it the day you get it to ensure it is genuine. At least if you buy locally, you can shove it up their arsse if it stops working.

===

I also have a genuine Jpro adapter, purchased from Fleet-pride (paid $3,800 for it + software). -- Adapter is complete and utter garbage. Even though it claims to be 100% RP2010 compliant, You can't flash an engine with one at all or do a lot of other things. The SW is pretty good but only if you fix/crack it yourself. I say that because I had to resort to cracking the very software I paid $3,800 for because it would stop working about every other time I tried to use it. I would have to spend a half hour on the phone with Jpro putting in new new goddman reg-codes every other time I would boot up my laptop. - I eventually got sick of this and found alternative methods to keep what I paid damn good money for running properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
I completely agree with Rawze - get yourself JPro adapter - I'm using it for 2 years now and never fail, awesome product !!!
replyreply
(11-04-2018 )neocccp Wrote:  I completely agree with Rawze - get yourself JPro adapter - I'm using it for 2 years now and never fail, awesome product !!!

I think you may have read what I said wrong. I would not recommend a j-pro adapter to my dog as a chew-toy!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Waterloo , victory26
10-21-2020, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
are you sure you are using a correctly 9 pin conektor
in the set you have 2 "9 pin conektor"
use the one with 2 cables "9 pin and 6 pin"
replyreply
10-21-2020, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
"for ABS, bendix software is free from their website I think"

Not anymore. Bendix Acom was the last free software. The new version still has ACom inside it. But you have to pay for it. It was a buggy little bastard back in the spring but they seem to have sorted it out. If you already have ACom it will probably still run. I have it on an older "retired" EZTech and it still works. The new program is for all the newer stuff. Lane departure, rollover etc. The last live version of ACom we had would not run on an adapter that was not green connector compliant. I think that was because several parts are now on the J1939 500K CAN and Bendix does not want any faults missed. WABCO is the other ABS system and it was never free.

FWIW Diesel Laptops has a free code reader program out there. I downloaded it and have tinkered with it just a little bit. Does need an RP1210 adapter of course. What some on here might find useful is it reads Diamond Logic, Navistars body computer program. Had it hooked up the other day. Unplugged a headlight. The code, and a description popped up right away. Didn't think to unhook a thermistor but will try that next time. Looks like it will read live data also. Not bad for the price.

I believe they are collecting data to refine the tool and try to identify most common faults to beef up their troubleshooter program. It has a fee based option that will let you upload to their cloud and pull it back down. Probably useful if you have a bunch of trucks to keep track of. This guy has come a long way from his garage in the last ten years. He is going to piss off people like SnapOn who owns NEXIQ. Mitchell who does FleetCross and wiring diagrams.

DL's parts cross program came out of the box strong. It is married up to Meritors database which is very good but clunky. Meritors should be good because they bought Euclid years ago. Pre web Euclid had the best catalogs in the business. Lots of excellent illustrations AND dimensional info. Brake camshaft id was always it own little trip to hell in the 70's 80's and 90's. Nobody has probably needed to "hand" a camshaft in years to find out if it was left or right.

Truck build date i.e. the line set ticket was not a mouse click away. 2nd and 3rd owners just didn't have them. Hell most first owners didn't. So it was mostly visual and dimensional id. If you gave a shi#t about getting the right part the first time. Used to identify steer axles by taking the cap off and getting the outer bearing #. If i.e. you wanted king pins on hand before tear down. Back the, on NAV at least each axle model had a different outer brg.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , schISM
06-26-2021, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
Hi all,
Does anyone have the free version of Bendix Acom software?

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
06-26-2021, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
(06-26-2021 )Paccardude Wrote:  Hi all,
Does anyone have the free version of Bendix Acom software?

Rawze.com is not a software trading site. Keep any replies to PM only.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.