Paccar ESA
10-21-2020, (Subject: Paccar ESA ) 
RE: Paccar ESA
"for ABS, bendix software is free from their website I think"

Not anymore. Bendix Acom was the last free software. The new version still has ACom inside it. But you have to pay for it. It was a buggy little bastard back in the spring but they seem to have sorted it out. If you already have ACom it will probably still run. I have it on an older "retired" EZTech and it still works. The new program is for all the newer stuff. Lane departure, rollover etc. The last live version of ACom we had would not run on an adapter that was not green connector compliant. I think that was because several parts are now on the J1939 500K CAN and Bendix does not want any faults missed. WABCO is the other ABS system and it was never free.

FWIW Diesel Laptops has a free code reader program out there. I downloaded it and have tinkered with it just a little bit. Does need an RP1210 adapter of course. What some on here might find useful is it reads Diamond Logic, Navistars body computer program. Had it hooked up the other day. Unplugged a headlight. The code, and a description popped up right away. Didn't think to unhook a thermistor but will try that next time. Looks like it will read live data also. Not bad for the price.

I believe they are collecting data to refine the tool and try to identify most common faults to beef up their troubleshooter program. It has a fee based option that will let you upload to their cloud and pull it back down. Probably useful if you have a bunch of trucks to keep track of. This guy has come a long way from his garage in the last ten years. He is going to piss off people like SnapOn who owns NEXIQ. Mitchell who does FleetCross and wiring diagrams.

DL's parts cross program came out of the box strong. It is married up to Meritors database which is very good but clunky. Meritors should be good because they bought Euclid years ago. Pre web Euclid had the best catalogs in the business. Lots of excellent illustrations AND dimensional info. Brake camshaft id was always it own little trip to hell in the 70's 80's and 90's. Nobody has probably needed to "hand" a camshaft in years to find out if it was left or right.

Truck build date i.e. the line set ticket was not a mouse click away. 2nd and 3rd owners just didn't have them. Hell most first owners didn't. So it was mostly visual and dimensional id. If you gave a shi#t about getting the right part the first time. Used to identify steer axles by taking the cap off and getting the outer bearing #. If i.e. you wanted king pins on hand before tear down. Back the, on NAV at least each axle model had a different outer brg.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , schISM

Messages In This Thread
Paccar ESA - Nostalgic - 11-03-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - neocccp - 11-03-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - Nostalgic - 11-03-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - Waterloo - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - Chamberpains - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - Nostalgic - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - Rawze - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - DVT873 - 10-21-2020
RE: Paccar ESA - Unilevers - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - Rounded_nut - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - neocccp - 11-04-2018,
RE: Paccar ESA - rogacki86 - 10-21-2020,
RE: Paccar ESA - Paccardude - 06-26-2021,
RE: Paccar ESA - Rawze - 06-26-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.