window problem..
11-17-2018, (Subject: window problem.. ) 
window problem..
Well i thought i'd pass this one on,
So a few weeks ago my passenger window stopped working,it was slowing down and not working right anyway, so i ordered a new regulator and finely got to put it in,but as i'm hooking the plug to it the window go's up....now if you got a KW you know the key has to be on for it to do that..
much to my shock and i know the keys not even in it...So now i had to find out why it did that.
for some time i have been noticing that after i start the truck my amp gauge seemed higher than normal and took longer to charge back up like i had a electrical drain somewhere,this was happening before the window died.
I thought i'd have to start digging into the wires but i don't use this door its may been opened up like 20 to 25 times, so i passed on that and looked at a little box know as the"door control module" this was the problem. and of course KW thinks its made of gold as they want......460.00 $$$ for it:waaaht:... but luck me i know a guy that gets the big fleet discounts. so it was alot cheaper. but still 320 something..
so if your window stops working but you still hear some clicking when you hit the switch it might just be that expensive module,and not the regulator. and if i didn't have it all torn apart i'd would have ordered one online and saved even more.. live and learn :)

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , Waterloo , rrod
RE: window problem..
Interesting! I just gave mine some love and had to fight to get the motor out because the screws are corroded in on the regulator.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
for those guys with prostars...

just throwing it out there for those who may be doing a search for this kinds of issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
03-30-2019, (Subject: window problem.. ) 
To delete or not delete that is the question?????
So Im the proud owner of a 2014 Kenworth T680 that has the MX13 in it. Ive only had the truck since February and I absolutely love, but the only problem Ive had thus far is the freaking emissions system. Ive had to regain it very other day depending on the miles I put on it that day. But last week it wanted me to park region but it wouldn't let me do it and threw 2 codes at me. Codes 420, and 3290. If I remember right lol. Luckily I have a 2 yr warranty so I took it to the MHC dealer in Nashville and they said It would take a couple days. Good thing Im still waiting to get cleared by the DOT to start working,or Id be pissed. So anyways screw the warranty I want a de-mandate. Anybody got any suggestions for me. Ive been checking out {name removed by Rawze- terrible-deletes-r-us}. They have a conversion program that makes the truck do a passive regen instead of a park regen. I need some feedback on those guys because its a lil over 3 grand to get that done. Heck I need feedback on it all because Ive been in trucking for a total of 1 year and already got a truck and my authority.If your gonna do it go all the way is what I always say.
replyreply
03-31-2019, (Subject: window problem.. ) 
Enough said Rawze thank you
replyreply
(03-31-2019 )Mango1281 Wrote:  Enough said Rawze thank you

I would say get a hold of forum members 'Unilevers', or 'Mommaburt' to see if one of those guys has a solution for that engine that actually works.

Personally, I would not own a truck with one of those engines myself. I prefer the ability to do all my own work and programming myself,.. I.E.> my red cry-baby. They have their quirks, but at least you can do everything yourself to them without being at the mercy of others.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Definitely keep an eye on the switches like LRT said, in my experience its usually the drivers side control box that goes bad switching out the passenger hides it some how an everything works but its usually not long before it stops working again an ia gotta swap the drivers side
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.