Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
12-07-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
RE: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
(12-05-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  Anyway of knowing if the fuel pump itself is the problem? The engine does run but like crap and smokes a lot of white smoke

white smoke can be coolant or oil too.

Fuel was in the oil. I just changed the oil and it looked like black water
replyreply
(12-06-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  They mostly,are checking overfueling issues. I don't know if they had checked any issues with the oil. How can oil cause overfueling?

Was thinking about how do they checked overfueling since it was posted. Checked quick serve bible and didn't find any words.
How was cylinder cutout test? Injector performance test?
Injector leak test?
Do you smell unburned fuel from exhaust?
Yeah, I was missing on that also? Over fuel by 40%? an old CAT would just pull harder! So maybe 40% percent of fuel is not being burned in cylinder? Would have to be injector, timing side I would think.

It's differently not burning. The fuel is in the oil too. Just put 6 reman injectors in because I was told they were bad
replyreply
I have an 871 so I don't know all the differences in the 2250, but could you have bad head around injector cups? If fuel is that bad in the oil, maybe a fuel passage crack in the head? It's unlikely all 6 six Injectors would simultaneously go bad.
replyreply
Fuel in oil can be from fuel pump or (most likely) from fuel injector connectors. Did shop use new connectors when they installed reman injectors? If not, it's 100% will leak inside the engine head.
You need to run fuel rail pressure test, how quick fuel pressure drops. Make sure pressure release valve is not leaking.
Then put plugs on injector supply line to eliminate leaking one.
It's highly possible leaking is more then one injector. need to check one after one.
Cummins quick serve has all tests and procedures how it to do.
Looks like you are one more victim of impact wrench happy mechanic .
replyreply
(12-06-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  They mostly,are checking overfueling issues. I don't know if they had checked any issues with the oil. How can oil cause overfueling?

Was thinking about how do they checked overfueling since it was posted. Checked quick serve bible and didn't find any words.
How was cylinder cutout test? Injector performance test?
Injector leak test?
Do you smell unburned fuel from exhaust?
Yeah, I was missing on that also? Over fuel by 40%? an old CAT would just pull harder! So maybe 40% percent of fuel is not being burned in cylinder? Would have to be injector, timing side I would think.

Can't say how accurate that statement is but I was told 40% so I don't know
replyreply
What are the symptoms if you have air in the lines?
replyreply
(12-07-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  What are the symptoms if you have air in the lines?
Don't worry about air in fuel until you have fuel in oil. Diluted oil doesn't protect bearings.
Air in fuel symptoms are loss power under high demand, surging at idle. 2250 fuel pump has air relief orifice before plunger pump to direct air back to fuel pump drain line.
replyreply
Just curious .... has the fuel pump been checked for the ceramic plungers? and yes I think a failed one could cause your problem, but it wouldn't cause over fueling.
replyreply
12-08-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
What about the fuel rail check valves? How likely are they do stick and cause overfueling?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.