Starting down the Insite Road
12-31-2018, (Subject: Starting down the Insite Road ) 
Starting down the Insite Road
Finally got a day to purchase and set up insite! Purchased pro, although I will likely not need all of it's functionality. Connecting to the ECM with a nexiq. Engine is a ISC CM2150. 88K miles, 3200 hours, I'm the third owner.

Regardless, I have been fighting with my DPF and DOC. The DOC face plugs about every 6 weeks now, probably about 75% plugged when the truck lights the DPF full light.

Each time, (5x this year now...) the filter and doc have been removed and cleaned. The first two times, Peterbilt and Cummins did the cleaning. The last three times the filter and doc was full, I cleaned it with low pressure water, left the film to dry overnight, reinstalled them, and allowed the truck to warm up to operating temp to remove the remaining water.

Yesterday was the 5th cleaning of the doc, with little soot coming out of the dpf itself. Reinstalled, etc, but the DPF warning light would not clear. I attempted to clear it with insite, where it allows you to reset the soot counter, but the light would not go out.

I also attempted to run a forced regen, however, insite said something to the effect that a 'Parameter was not being met' and recommended I look at the help menu...which is useless.

I was able to find the regen history, with 10 recorded. They appeared to all have been successful, as well as the temps for the doc, dpf in and out being similar to what Rawze has explained in his 'how to' on running a forced regen video.

What have I not done correctly to clear the DPF light and to run the forced regen?

I'm still not sure why the doc face plugs so often, the truck idles little, coolant levels appear to be stable, fuel mileage has been good.

Does anyone know where the imap sensor is on this engine? Cummins sold me the sensor (looks just like the one on isx most of you run) but I can't find it for the life of me.

Thank you for the help!
replyreply
12-31-2018, (Subject: Starting down the Insite Road ) 
RE: Starting down the Insite Road
Using any liquid to clean out a DOC, DPF, or SCR element was your first mistake.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid10137

===

Those filters do not act up like that unless there is something wrong with the engine to cause it. focus your attention on the engine more instead of repeating the things that obviously are not working. What does your regen history look like?

it also sounds like you used water or some other liquids to clean the DOc and DPF. - Every time you do so, you weaken them significantly. See people do this over and over, only to end up buying new DOC and DPF, etc. - the alternative would be to de-mandate if you have ruined them (sounds like you already have), but that is for each person to decide for themselves.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-01-2019, (Subject: Starting down the Insite Road ) 
After looking at the thread you posted, I don't have any of those symptoms showing up on my DOC. It's a very even coating, no other colors to the soot, no beads or oily appearance.

When Peterbilt and Cummins looked at it, they (perhaps unsurprisingly) did not give me any conclusions about what could be the root cause. Cummins suggested injectors, after they did a snap test, but with only a haze at 50% throttle.

I do have an oil sample to deliver that was just taken. Perhaps that will shed some light.

Later this morning I'll go pull the last regens and post them.

De-mandate would be nice to have, not sure if I'm ready for that yet. This place was suggested to me: {name removed} Any experience with them?

Thanks!
replyreply
Your an established member here and your asking about a site like that?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Got out to the truck a bit ago and grabbed a bunch of data. Also, the coolant reservoir on this truck has only an eyeball on it. Not a good way to monitor coolant levels...today is the first time I've seen that coolant level in the eyeball, it's always been above that eyeball...egr cooler perhaps?

Perhaps I'm missing something...don't see a way to post images or other docs. Would make it much easier to view.

Data from last 10 Regens
Temperature

These Temps range from 540-750 deg F

Starting Diesel
Oxidation
Catalyst Intake
Temperature

These temps range from 1022-1053 deg F

Maximum
Diesel
Particulate Filte
Outlet
Temperature

These temps range from 1095-1175 deg F

Maximum
Diesel
Particulate Filter
Differential
Pressure

Ranges from 3.0-4.0 inHG

If there is a way to post these pdfs, I'm sure that it will give a better picture.

Thanks!!
(01-01-2019 )hookliftpete Wrote:  ...
This place was suggested to me: {name removed} Any experience with them?

Thanks!

RUN -- DOn't walk away!. -- in fact RUN LIKE HELL AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!. - Looks just like the other meaningless "Tear up your engine DOT COM!" fly-by-night rip-you-off places and leave you with a half-arssed piss poor programmed disaster of an engine. There are also so many red flags on their site it is not even slightly funny.

hookliftpete Wrote:...
Ranges from 3.0-4.0 inHG

Any average above about 3.0 is not good. For posting the numbers, next time you could just take a snapshot of the screen with your phone/pc and post it. Would likely be easier, just saying.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.