Truck shows blowby and losing coolant
01-03-2019, (Subject: Truck shows blowby and losing coolant ) 
Truck shows blowby and losing coolant
Smoke is coming out of oil fill cap and oil dipstick when I pulled it out after some driving.
Oil level seems to be a little weird. It was maybe 1/2 inch over the "full" mark. Now it is normal. Oil is 8000 miles old. Oil looks clean, not dark. Still adding coolant. Just finished pouring another gallon of coolant in even after changing those 2 hoses. The connections are good on those hoses I changed and not wet.
Head gasket? EGR cooler? If it is demandated. And EGR is as well, and it is egr cooler, then it is it just leaking and not getting in the engine?
I'll keep a close eye on this.
replyreply
RE: Truck shows blowby and losing coolant
pressurize the coolant system to 20 psi and let it sit over night. Look for leaks next day.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , flatbed94kid , hhow55
if you have a 13 spd with the cooler on top of the transmission, it could be going their.....

I did 3 oil samples after inframe, to figure out where the coolant could be going and nothing.... wasnt mixing into the oil, i found out later that it was mixing with the transmission fluid.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , flatbed94kid , hhow55
https://youtu.be/jgKhMMcPbPM
Ok.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
That is me with the engine in the link. 10 speed auto smart shift, or thinks it is smart.
replyreply
Ok. I feel silly. I see the red hose seeping. And the radiator cap is whistling air when pumping air in it. I thought I had those clamps on it good. Well, I think I got this. I just probably need to either slide the clamps up more to the end or tighten more. Maybe add another clamp.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos
01-04-2019, (Subject: Truck shows blowby and losing coolant ) 
I had a leak and couldn't get it to stop. Was using a worm screw type clamp. Found a heavy spring type clamp and the problem went away.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , flatbed94kid
(01-04-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  I had a leak and couldn't get it to stop. Was using a worm screw type clamp. Found a heavy spring type clamp and the problem went away.

The OEM I think is all spring or the types that you use the pliers to disconnect the clamps. Some mechanics dont like those ones, why idk.
I just not sure what the torque is for the worm style hose clamp. I just use what I think is common sense. I just got to take that plastic piece off again when I empty and take a look again. Hoping the hose is fine. It was a red hose. I matched it up at pep boys. They said it is for heat. The blue or 5/8 hose wouldn't fit over it. Lady at counter at pep boys suggested even dipping the hose in boiling water to get it to slip over the last bit. But then she was able to find the same red hose so....
replyreply
(01-04-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  
(01-04-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  I had a leak and couldn't get it to stop. Was using a worm screw type clamp. Found a heavy spring type clamp and the problem went away.

The OEM I think is all spring or the types that you use the pliers to disconnect the clamps. Some mechanics dont like those ones, why idk.
I just not sure what the torque is for the worm style hose clamp. I just use what I think is common sense. I just got to take that plastic piece off again when I empty and take a look again. Hoping the hose is fine. It was a red hose. I matched it up at pep boys. They said it is for heat. The blue or 5/8 hose wouldn't fit over it. Lady at counter at pep boys suggested even dipping the hose in boiling water to get it to slip over the last bit. But then she was able to find the same red hose so....

When you are looking for hose clamps, look for these... https://amzn.to/2XWZ8hY

They have a reinforced band on them... Hit the link and you will see what I mean. They hug the hose or nipple. I can normally find these clamps, Breeze, at my local Fleetpride parts shop. They are normally stainless steel, and bullet proof.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.