Good fuel card
04-16-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
RE: Good fuel card
AND! They have a broker list, I found that to be pretty good too... They have quite the program for $300. Also they work with the insurance carriers for even more discounts, so it is worth a look. I know here in Michigan I was getting up to .65 off a gallon here at the Dexter MI TA, even more at the Pacific Pride when I could get to them In Jackson MI.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
./uploads/202104/post_2789_1618617802_001ce24d5daf36c63ef325b5bb2bf2d0.png

Landstar pricing is better than Nastc for that location.
replyreply
(04-16-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Landstar pricing is better than Nastc for that location.

Still a good discount for an O/O... Every penny counts. Yesterday, it was $2.56...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(04-16-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Landstar pricing is better than Nastc for that location.

Still a good discount for an O/O... Every penny counts. Yesterday, it was $2.56...

Yeah, got the email last night saying >.06 average higher today. Alabama nailed it lol. It varies a lot depending on where I run, but overall I fuel 60% at Pilot/FJ with company supplied card. Their prices are usually 6-10 cents cheaper than a comparable nastc location. Either way, tracking my fuel costs, the averages just keep going up. My CPM has increased .07 since the beginning of the year.

Only positive is that my revenue is just about double the last 2 years average.

In other news, Doge + 400% in the last week!

Actual pic of me truckin' this week
./uploads/202104/post_2789_1618619311_81d6fbf2a10b74e372dc0eae5a5e3d9a.jpeg
replyreply
Snap into a slim jim Ooohhhh yeeeeeaaaahhhhh !!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
let the fuel prices go up... I make more money/profit off all fuel sur-charges due to my 8+ and 9+ mpg. And for those majority of ppl who are getting less than 7~ish mpg ... they should have been prepared by now. If not, then maybe the high fuel prices will kick em in the seat of their pants, convincing them into slowing down, using that boost gauge to help save fuel instead of trying to make more power, driving for better fuel economy, and ultimately being more safe!.

just a thought anyways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-17-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
(04-16-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Pump price at the TA in Grand Bay is $2.89, .40 discount, $2.49 That is the LS price, after IFTA, it works out to $2.22 a gallon. The NASTC card was comparable to those prices, you can call them and they will give you the actual price you will pay at the pump with their card, they are a very good outfit to work with.

Nastc price $2.64 grand Bay

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SquareOne
04-17-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
(04-16-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  let the fuel prices go up... I make more money/profit off all fuel sur-charges due to my 8+ and 9+ mpg. And for those majority of ppl who are getting less than 7~ish mpg ... they should have been prepared by now. If not, then maybe the high fuel prices will kick em in the seat of their pants, convincing them into slowing down, using that boost gauge to help save fuel instead of trying to make more power, driving for better fuel economy, and ultimately being more safe!.

just a thought anyways.

Man, March was brutal for me. Midroof flatbed hauling ISO with many days of high winds and cold temps in the northeast. March had a lot of tanks in the mid to high 6's with a couple trips dipping into the high 5's through certain areas. April has been much better, back up to mid 7's. I've also been using cruise a bit more then I should and and running about 64 instead of 62 to stay within the HOS. Hate to burn more fuel, but the loads I'm getting more than make up for the losses, right now. The few non-ISO loads I've had while traveling 58-62 have been up in the 8's, but sadly they weren't as profitable due to the difference in rates.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
04-18-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
(04-17-2021 )JimT Wrote:  Man, March was brutal for me...... March had a lot of tanks in the mid to high 6's with a couple trips dipping into the high 5's through certain areas. April has been much better, back up to mid 7's.

I had the same odd problem last couple months. I dipped down to low 6's and even touched 5.99 on 1 tank and am now back to low to mid 7's. What was strange to me was that late Dec and January early feb were colder but I still got high 6's. I've been pulling basically the same local loads since mid summer. There was definitely a noticeable unusual dip in fuel mileage for March and now everything is back to normal. Makes me wonder if we had something off in our fuel supply up here in the NE...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.