DPF core moved
02-18-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
RE: DPF core moved
(02-18-2019 )flatfoot Wrote:  Just to add - new DPF here was 4,956.00 plus 1,572.00 core charge

They shouldn't have charged you for a core on a new unit. You been had.
replyreply
02-20-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
When doing this DPF replacement, I took the DOC to IH shop to be baked (12hrs at 1300f they said). Was told only way to test it was a on truck test, but would not elaborate - just bring them truck and they would run test. My question is how are DOC's tested? what are they looking for ? maybe temp differences of before and after sensors?
Maybe there is a thread that answers this - would appreciate link!
replyreply
(02-20-2019 )flatfoot Wrote:  When doing this DPF replacement, I took the DOC to IH shop to be baked (12hrs at 1300f they said). Was told only way to test it was a on truck test, but would not elaborate - just bring them truck and they would run test. My question is how are DOC's tested? what are they looking for ? maybe temp differences of before and after sensors?
Maybe there is a thread that answers this - would appreciate link!

what make/model engine?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
2013 IH 5900i with MaxxForce 13 that I am getting along quite well with, thanks in part to some of information I have gathered from this site! As this truck is used for farm use, short hauls, with idling, realize must be pro active on maintenance. Have TEXA diagnostic.
Bought this truck for the Allison tran (RDS 4500) not the engine!!
replyreply
DOC tests are done by measuring the temperature rise between pre doc temp and post doc temp. Pre is usually above 500F and post jumps over 1000F. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to reach that temp once the aftertreatment injector opens.
You are probably getting close to the expected lifespan of the doc at 6 yrs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatfoot
02-22-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
Ran DPF regen with TEXA. new PDF installed and DOC that has been baked.
After DOC temp climbed to 1030 but held there for only about 20 sec before dropping to 945 and held there for several minutes. Then temp climbed to 1080 and held there for remainder of test. As this is first such test for me, any comments appreciated!
And yes here there is a core charge on a NEW DPF and a core charge on a New DOC at IH dealer!!   
replyreply
your using the wrong software, but I guess with a maxxforce you take what you an get.
replyreply
I have seen this once on a Medium Duty engine. Not quite this bad. The core had moved about 2 inches, enough to bend the temp sensor. In several OEM Aftertreatment Manuals this is called "brick shift" Absolutely 100% OEM DPF. Truck belonged to a state government and was in warranty. I can guarantee you they did not change a friggin thing. They will send two people on a 45 minute one way drive to drop off a truck after hours. Just to be sure it won't be done while one person waits. For a repair that take 15 minutes. Because its warranty. Union.
.pdf  Brick Shift DPF.pdf (Size: 1.68 MB / Downloads: 303)
"If the inlet face of the filter is totally plugged with soot, there is a chance the filter brick material may
have been forced to shift in the diesel particulate filter. A diesel particulate filter, with a shifted brick,
must be replaced.
EXHAUST AFTERTREATMENT AND DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER (DPF)"
replyreply
02-23-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
(02-20-2019 )flatfoot Wrote:  2013 IH 5900i with MaxxForce 13 that I am getting along quite well with, thanks in part to some of information I have gathered from this site! As this truck is used for farm use, short hauls, with idling, realize must be pro active on maintenance. Have TEXA diagnostic.
Bought this truck for the Allison tran (RDS 4500) not the engine!!
Flatfoot, your temps look pretty good. There a DOC test that can be run. It requires a sensor simulator. I have only seen it done with OE software (NEDS) don't know if Texa supports that test or not. But your temps look pretty good. Your aftertreatment (dosing) injector is probably OK because of where your temps are at. This is not a Cummins. The automatic may be helping more than you know. These engines do not live well above about 1250 RPM. Fueling goes to hell and soot goes thru the roof plugging the EGR system. I would recommend you buy the OE manuals for this. All the info comes on a thumb drive. It will cover everything on the truck except the transmission and maybe the diffs. I have not seen a lot of info on here about the 13L but I have not really looked. If you find a site as dedicated to the {max-force}13L as this site is to Cummins I would like to know about it. There is plenty of well deserved hate out there for this engine. But they can be kept alive and out of trouble. Even in operations worse than yours. Do whatever you can to minimize your idle. Good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatfoot

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.