HEST light on too often...
06-28-2016, (Subject: HEST light on too often... ) 
RE: HEST light on too often...
(06-27-2016 )Brock Wrote:  no I don't. same deal though, goes all the way till it clunks.

Just because it "clunks" does not mean it has full travel. I have seen them even come from the dealer where they "clunk" but do not have full travel range. Sometimes the outer ring in the exhaust housing gets misaligned and they hit a hard-stop just ashy of full travel, plaguing the turbo with actuator alarms, etc.

It is likely fine, but only a picture with it in the far position would confirm it. Watch my video about what I say about the far left position.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-28-2016, (Subject: HEST light on too often... ) 
(06-28-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Got to checking my calibration file in my ecm.... I don't know what file I've got in here but I know it dosent match.

According to quickserve..

CPL2733
AV10051

I'm gonna try and get the proper cal file and install it later today.

AV10243 is the correct cal for that engine. it is simply an update for the DPF, and if you have the newer style of DPF, and you use the old file, it could give you DPF problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-01-2016, (Subject: HEST light on too often... ) 
Just to update. I changed the dpf differential pressure sensor which is very easy, 1 plug and 2 hoses...... if course I'm a idiot and connected the hosea backwards. after realizing and correcting. .... no change.

I bought the no maintinance crankcase filter and when I took my old one out I noticed a few things.. 1. it was about 5 pounds, black as can be and 2..... oh boy... 2...

I asked a shop one day to drill a 3/8 hole in it. Sent the exact picture from @m*m^2 document plain as day. Well they drilled 8 holes in that damn filter!!! every side of it, even through the filter media.... there was chunks of filter media inside the crankcase filter housing!!! but they didn't drill where the picture showed them too.

My crankcase pressure (according to insite) dropped alot. I was always over 10 and ad high as 14 but now the highest I've gone is 8.4 but usually hover around 4.

Still constant regen.

But I may be beating a dead horse... I've been watching rawzes engine rebuild videos and he made a statement that has me worried. he talked about a oil leak that starts upper corner behind crankcase filter and travels down. I have the exact leak that he talks about and he says that usually means cam issues. further down where he says to look for discoloration, mine looks like there's possible surface rust under the paint there.

I think it's time to pop the valve cover and see what horrors I find.
replyreply
Not sure how far you live from me Brock, but I'm always willing to help out if I can. I've got a shop and lots of tools and you kinda right right by. I can't do everything, but I'm sure we could do most.
Popping the rocker cover and inspecting Cam's, rockers, and such I've done several times...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-01-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Not sure how far you live from me Brock, but I'm always willing to help out if I can. I've got a shop and lots of tools and you kinda right right by. I can't do everything, but I'm sure we could do most.
Popping the rocker cover and inspecting Cam's, rockers, and such I've done several times...

Hey thanks man, that's much appreciated.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.