T660 - Side Light / Blinker
03-11-2019, (Subject: T660 - Side Light / Blinker ) 
RE: T660 - Side Light / Blinker
(03-11-2019 )Squish099 Wrote:  When I put led's in mine they always glowed dim. The resistance of the led's is so low the bleed power through them. Switching back to incandescent fixed this problem.

Makes me wonder if the cab controller is not putting a few milliamps through the bulbs to see if they are not burned out?. - Just a theory, don't own one of those trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
They make in line reistors to fix this issue. Thats slso an option.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JKBowman
what type of the bulb is in use. 3057, 3357, 4057, 4157?
replyreply
03-13-2019, (Subject: T660 - Side Light / Blinker ) 
(03-11-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  what type of the bulb is in use. 3057, 3357, 4057, 4157?
They are smaller than those seems like I remember type 41?
replyreply
03-14-2019, (Subject: T660 - Side Light / Blinker ) 
I don't have the old assembly anymore. Now, I just have the LED assembly. But as I recall (hit or miss), the OEM assembly took these:

LEDs are still working, but with fast blinker.
replyreply
03-17-2019, (Subject: T660 - Side Light / Blinker ) 
Just adding a note:

She passed DOT for side blinker lights (they work), but something still isn't right.

- Still get fast blinker
- I now have a delay when turning on my parking lights. The time varies, but it now takes 3 to 5 seconds before they come on. Happens on both cab and trailer.
- Turning on my parking lights dims my dash lights. Maybe that's normal, but I don't recall it happening before.
- Today, with hazards on, my dash lights dimmed and brightened in rhythm with the hazards. It only did that once. So far, I haven't been able to make it happen again.

I'm going in shop on Monday, but for something else (steering shaft). I'm going to give them a crack at it, but it's the smaller shop I previously mentioned that, I don't believe, has the KW schematics. Any ideas, please let me know. Thx.
replyreply
Everything from post above says you have bad grounding to the cab or inside the cab. LCM.
replyreply
switching from incandescent to LED in some cases requires resistors for things to work correctly. usualy when people put those fugly euro taillights in pickups/cars you have to install inline resistors otherwise a bulb out detection system wont work right and neither will the blinker speeds although in some cases a digital blinker controller can adjust for it but older style blinker controllers cannot and go bonkers.
replyreply
Thanks to you both. That's info I can use.

After reading, I pulled over to check the one area inside the cab where I suspect a short. It's in the CB compartment where I also get power for my dashcam.

Quickly disconnected everything and the delay seems to have gone away; at least for now. - Right on...

Still getting a fast blinker, but they work and the resistor suggestion makes sense.

At a minimum I'll be able to have a more intelligent conversation with the shop tomorrow. Again, many thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.