T660 - Side Light / Blinker
03-10-2019, (Subject: T660 - Side Light / Blinker ) 
RE: T660 - Side Light / Blinker
(03-10-2019 )JKBowman Wrote:  
Something ain't right. :-/

Wifey-Poo noticed these fender lights (both sides) were burning very dim while parked. Blinkers still worked, but soon after we started getting a fast blinker signal (both sides).

A shop looked at it and suggested that the seats for the steady-burning bulbs (OEM is a two bulb unit / one blinks - one burns steady) needed to be replaced.

The replacement I chose, a Union Pacific LED contraption, is what you see here. Thing is, the steady burning function is still incredibly dim. More than 5 feet away and you can barely see this.

Photo is with headlights on.
I get nothing (zero) with just parking lights on.

Question:
- How can I get a wiring diagram for this?
- If it was your truck, would you take it anywhere other than Kenworth to chase this down?

Two shops without schematics have now looked, albeit briefly. Neither charged me for the quick look, but the second one said, "Man, we just don't have the schematics."

That's why I'm asking.

When mine did this it was always a poor fit of the bulb to the socket. I always had to adjust the contacts on the bulbs and then put them in and take them out a couple of time to get a good connection. They really aren't a waterproof housing and are in a terrible location for getting blasted with water. Contacts in the socket like to corrode. Get a good contact on the bulb, make sure they work right, then use some dielectric grease on the connection and around the seal. Mine were never "marker lights" they only blinked both bulbs with the blinker.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JKBowman

Messages In This Thread
RE: T660 - Side Light / Blinker - Squish099 - 03-10-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.