Air dryer lifespan
03-14-2019, (Subject: Air dryer lifespan ) 
Air dryer lifespan
Hey all,

I just put another dryer on my 2010 T2. Long story short, I started noticing alot of moisture again in my tanks, and my purge valve started leaking. Its the second new one Ive installed in 2 years. New bendix. I also replaced the reservoir since it is under the truck on mine was was rather tattered looking.

I do tend to run local lot, so Ive considered the humidity in savannah. Im seeing about 150 miles avg per day, lots of idle time. Would you guys consider this a normal lifespan for a dryer in a humid environment? Im also considering replacing the cartridge more often to see if it helps, maybe biannually.

Just trying to keep up with it until inframe time, which will probably be soon. Its starting to bubble a little bit into the coolant reservoir when idling.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Air dryer lifespan
My isx had 900k miles on it, same dryer. I changed the spin on and purge valve and spring every year just before winter, Upper Midwest to California year round.
replyreply
RE: Air dryer lifespan
Sounds normal to me.
I change out the entire dryer every fall.
I use to change just the cartridge, but for the amount of work involved, the cost wasn’t much different.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.