Another big red headache
03-31-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
RE: Another big red headache
I know before my most recent update to tune it would hit 38 to 39 psi under full load. And I don't remember if it was after update. Stupidly didn't pay close enough attention. I just compared the 2 last week and I had 3-5% difference in max and min closed settings plus a little amount in timing. Don't know if 3 to 5% can amount to 4 to 6 lbs in boost.
replyreply
Well if it was doing it before it could be the rune, Test it out, do some live editing make use of that awesome C tool....pull up the tgc tables in the old cal an copy an paste them into the tgc tables while plugged in monitoring the motor an go for a RIPP, theyll reset when ya turn the motor off
replyreply
https://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M

A little driving music while your out for your ripp
replyreply
haha nice and about my style granted my cruisen music is more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5lsvIS3-c
replyreply
Hahaha

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
Older Vs Updated program. no real big changes as far as i think. dang engines like a dog chasing its tail find some thing thats been neglected by past owners think...well this should help......and ole big red goes NOPE not it try again!

Ied put a compare of original but dont know if any of the changes are classified and unwanted for distribution.
"smashes head into desk"
replyreply
04-01-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Music who needs music with a video starting like that lol

Jesus that sucks, aside from pulling g the actuator too recheck the calibration it sounds like you've got all the mechanical stuff all fixed, another shot in the dark depending how you've got the egr blocked off where it's at the egr valve or just at the venturi on the intake is it possible there's a hole an its feeding exhaust back into the intake? It shouldn't lower boost but anything is possible I guess.

On my old truck I had that problem I had a plug welded into the intake by the venturi MN nothing by the egr valve, an heat or pressure or vibration or all of the above caused it too crack feeding exhaust into the intake so I fixed the plug an blocker it off at the egr valve an never had a problem again. An it's not something that would show up on a CAC test since it's a closed loop.
replyreply
EGR currently has a block plate that's only 3 weeks old I plan on doing the stainless steel bowl with washers here shortly
replyreply
Nuts, so I finally looked at your screen shot on the first page a noticed the vgt closed position was up at 82% were you using the Jake during the test?

If you weren't I'd be digging into the cal to figure out why it was that high, at a 132psi exhaust back pressure you've got a 1:4 boost too exhaust ratio going on that would be choking out the motor if it cant breath it cant make boost, with the vgt you should be in the 1:2 - 1:25 at full throttle.

If you were using the Jake next thing I'd be looking for is silent derates using cterm.

Ohhhh just thought of something else did you have an 1850tq cal in before the update an put a 1650tq cal in by accident...a 1650 cal wants less fuel soooo less boost
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.