Another big red headache
04-07-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
RE: Another big red headache
(04-07-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-07-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-06-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Got my new boots and clamps from 4states. Best fit clamps and flexfab boots. $153 to my door. Better than international they were over $200 just for boots and no clamps.

I hope those fit. I know you have the LoneStar, but on my ProStar the aftermarket boots do not fit properly. The International boots have two metal rings vs the aftermarket three rings, which throws things off. I have tried several times with different boots. Only the $$$$ OEM boots from International allow me to line everything up properly. I buy the clamps at FleetPride or Amazon if time allows.

same with mine. I swore next time I need to replace the boost on mine, I am going to shorten the pipe in its middle somewhere and weld it back together so that the std one's fit.

Yep, you remember our little hunt for boots when Rush was out of them...
replyreply
I measured the boot length and for the LoneStar they do come in at correct lengths i could see for a Prostar or other model you might need to cut 1 ring off and shorten the hose or modify connector pipes...

For me i think i would just modify the hose as far as i can tell they are not a set molding for size just a piece of 4" silicon carny hose cut to fit with the metal rings helping from the opening in center from become a big ole bubble. For stuff like the prostar i might just take the metal rings off old boots and cut new boot to fit and install rings on new boot if not modify the 3 ring then pay 30-40 more per boot/clamp combo at international.

4 states also sent me 2 packages of 4 radiator "mounts" which i beleive are used to mount the CAC to radiator. little rubber isolators with a steel core inside so technically vibration dampners
replyreply
Yay new problem fan clutch is stuck on insite shows that it should be off I've got a tear apart that when I get stopped to see if the solenoid is bad or the clutch is actually stuck I can't hear a small blow off like normal when I hit the override switch so who knows
replyreply
Well after taking the airline off and having are all the way through it I guess I wasn't hitting it hard enough with the plyers grab my cheater bar smacked it once and we're off to the races without a stuck clutch
replyreply
04-08-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Take a pic of the back of the fan hub. I may have a simple longer term remedy for it rusting fast like that. On a lot of fan hubs you can take the clutch disks out, sand them real lightly to get larger pieces of rusty metal out and reinstall. That kept mine from rusting fast every week for quite a while.
replyreply
(04-07-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Well after taking the airline off and having are all the way through it I guess I wasn't hitting it hard enough with the plyers grab my cheater bar smacked it once and we're off to the races without a stuck clutch

every time my truck sits more than a few days, I have to smack the fan clutch with a hammer to 'un-stick' it bcause it rusts shut. I build up the air in the truck, shut off the enigne, turn key back to on position right away after motor stops, then go out and smak it to free it up while the air pressure is still on it.

-- Truck has pretty much done this since it was new,.. and since both the old one did this, and the second one i put on at 600k miles does it too, it seems to be a common thing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
First time in 6mo for me so I was caught off guard
replyreply
04-09-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Does anyone possibly know a breakpoint on lone star's which are also basically prostars where are we looking to find out why I lost the Park lights on my passenger headlight I've checked the plug-in on the socket back to the plug-in on the bumper frame didn't see any breaks need to pull my test light out and make sure but wanted to know if anybody had any ideas. I have also tried a new bulb just in case anybody was wondering. Also blinker still works
replyreply
04-09-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Mine was a corroded pin inside the plug.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.