Another big red headache
03-24-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
RE: Another big red headache
If you have 1.1 million miles on the CAC, I bet it is time for a new one... Mine looked and tested fine, but I was still having MPG issues and I could see that the turbo boost was not acting correctly. I did all of the tests, I have the tools here at the house... My only conclusion was that the CAC was long in the tooth and it was time. $1030.00 later at the International Dealer... I installed myself in the driveway with a few minutes help from my neighbor. Call around and get the best price from the dealers, they have some room on these CACs to negotiate price. And take your old one with you, as there is a core deposit.

Mine was a new unit, at least that is what I was told and what the paperwork stated, but who knows, but it did solve my problems.

And I would replace the hood shock while you are in there, I ordered one from Michigan Truck Parts up in Saginaw for $79 shipped to the house. The Stealer wanted around $175 for a new one. FleetPride probably carries them too.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another big red headache - Waterloo - 03-24-2019
RE: Another big red headache - Unilevers - 03-28-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.