Another big red headache
04-01-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
RE: Another big red headache
Playing around with these motors is the best thing about owning a cummins in my opinion.

I wouldnt worry about the exhaust backpressure too much, I mentioned it cause the 82% closing an you maybe not using the Jake was concerning. The vgt exhaust housing are too small so you'll never get close too the golden 1:1 boost too exhaust ratio. Just set your boost curve how you want the truck too behave like a pre-spoiled whistling demon resdy too boost at a touch of the pedal 30% or more in the lower fueling 20-50mg area, or a quieter bit slower too respond 10-15% in the 20-50mg. Those numbers are examples too give you an idea of things you can do too mold the motor to your driving style.

The tables themselves are boundarys for the vgt too work in depending on how much air it needs for the amount of fuel requested. the max table sets the max the vgt will close(unless using the jake), and the min table is the most it will open. You could even set both tables the same if you want for complete control of the boost curve an cut what the ecm wants for air outta the equation too.

Itll take some tweaking too get them set how you want for your motor, but that's again the fun of having a cummins an with the 871 love editing you can try different things an itll reset when you turn the key off, save downing a new cal each time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another big red headache - Unilevers - 03-28-2019,
RE: Another big red headache - ynot - 04-01-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.