Crankcase pressure
04-15-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
RE: Crankcase pressure
Pic of cylinder.that felt loose, cylinder 5 on the head had the build up, the Pic of ring is were there is a hole in the ring. Or chunk. Also the skirt was rubbing in the cylinder

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
That thing looks like someone ran it with no air filter on it. It also looks like it has has some recessed valve seats.

#3,4,and 5 injectors are also leaky. #5 is real bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
Number 5 injector had a broken o ring. I'll send pics of cam and cam followers. There is grooves on on a cpl
replyreply
It was the bottom o ring. I thought I had took Pic of cam but it's the same as this cam follower.

I always ran a air filter. I bought the truck a year ago, it was a construction truck, so maybe that's why dirt got in. Not for sure. I bought a new one when I got it and the old didn't look bad.

Should I check the liner height on the old liners before I pull them out to see were they were at? I got a liner puller today and a gauge to show liner protrusion

I'm leaning towards the platitum kit. I can go through a local shop and get almost 1300 off. So a platitum kit would cost around 10k. I just wish it came with a cam.

If I'm going this far would you replace the turbo?

Thanks

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
The following information is directly from Cat SIS with a prefix of 1YN. If you'll get me the ESN I'll double check the tolerances to what is posted below, but I'm guessing they're all the same. I don't think I'd worry about the current liner protrusion (projection) unless it's just for diagnostic knowledge. Depending on the horsepower of this engine, I'd shoot for the high end of the tolerances listed to get a better head gasket seal. As Rawze has said, that engine has been dusted or possibly an excessive amount of ether was used at some point.

Check the projection at four locations (every 90 degrees) around each cylinder liner.

Specifications
Liner Projection
0.040 to 0.200 mm (0.0016 to 0.0079 inch)
Maximum Variation in Each Liner
0.050 mm (0.0020 inch)
Maximum Average Variation Between Adjacent Liners
0.050 mm (0.0020 inch)
Maximum Variation Between Liners
0.100 mm (0.0040 inch)
If a liner does not meet the recommended cylinder liner projection specification, check the following parts:
The depth of the cylinder block bore should be 100.00 ± 0.03 mm (3.937 ± 0.001 inch).
The liner flange should be 100.12 ± 0.03 mm (3.942 ± 0.001 inch).
If the depth of the cylinder block bore is out of specification, replace the cylinder block. Then repeat the liner projection measurements. If the liner flange is out of specification, replace the liner. Then repeat the liner projection measurements.
replyreply
It's a 2ks, made in 1999.
replyreply
Also that kit comes as piston packs. Wouldnt that be a pain to try and drop it all in at once and move rhe crank etc to check liner height? Or should a guy take them out of the liner and just put back in after everything is set?
replyreply
2KS Specifications and there are some differences here:

Liner Projection 0.06 to 0.18 mm ( 0.0024 to 0.0071 inch)
Maximum Variation in Each Liner 0.050 mm (0.0020 inch)
Maximum Average Variation Between Adjacent Liners 0.08 mm (0.0031 inch)
Maximum Variation Between All 6 Liners 0.100 mm (0.0040 inch)

If a liner does not meet the recommended cylinder liner projection specification, check the following parts:
The depth of the cylinder block bore should be 100.00 ± 0.03 mm (3.937 ± 0.001 inch).
The liner flange should be 100.12 ± 0.03 mm (3.942 ± 0.001 inch).
If the dimensions for the liner flange do not match the specifications, replace the liner. Then repeat the liner projection measurements. If the dimensions for the depth of the cylinder block bore do not match the specifications, replace the cylinder block. Then repeat the liner projection measurements.

I'd check the block bore and liner flange measurements listed above. If those are correct, you should find the final protrusion to be within specs. If you have a ring compressor, I'd say pull the pistons and drop them back in after everything is set to your liking.
replyreply
04-16-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
What is a guy suppose to use to clean the engine deck and the area were the o ring from the sleeve sits in the block?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.