Volvo after 2 years
04-26-2019, (Subject: Volvo after 2 years ) 
Volvo after 2 years
Just a bit of info on Volvo. I’ve been tinkering around this truck for over two years. This thing has started to grow on me. It’s got its issues but I don’t think other brands are issue free. So far it’s been fairly nice to deal with. My dealer sucks. Parts guys were selling rv part before Volvo parts. Charge cooler is smaller. But just daily driving and owning it’s been ok. They get made fun of a lot but that’s ok. I just drive by and wave.
replyreply
RE: Volvo after 2 years
One nice thing about them too is that they've been ahead of the game with everything electrical and safety wise don't ask how I found out.. Even though their drive train is up for speculation having heard both sides of this argument. They all say volvo has electrical issues, but now all the new trucks are having issues that volvo had 10 years ago. One thing too which some of the "largecar" croud doesn't realize, looking cool doesn't bring money to the plate.
replyreply
Ive got a volvo also, tho if i knew any better i would have gotten a mack with a mp8.

They have a little more gauges then a volvo and the panels look sooooo much easier to take of vs a volvo....

My volvo is a 2005, ive been fixing all the issues the previous owner ignored. much of it is the little stuff now.

Just gotta get my hands on the volvo software some time soon, would make owning one easier to maintain with proper instructions.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Can you even get Volvo soft wear.
replyreply
https://volvotrucks.vg-emedia.com/Produc...roupId=549

I have the software but only the $800 software program.. I would need to upgrade to the $1400 program in order to program injectors in the ECU. I will never do that nowadays because a local shop said they can program them in after I install them. I wish I never bought the 800$ program because it really does not do much.

I will be switching to my 2011 Volvo with Cummins so I would really have no use for PTT anyways.

Save your money... PTT is only best if you have a Volvo powered with a Volvo engine.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mikealike
I was thinking the software for the truck itself. Like the dash. I have a check light because I removed the factory stereo and now I don’t have steering wheel controls hooked up.
replyreply
06-01-2020, (Subject: Volvo after 2 years ) 
(04-26-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  https://volvotrucks.vg-emedia.com/Produc...roupId=549

I have the software but only the $800 software program.. I would need to upgrade to the $1400 program in order to program injectors in the ECU. I will never do that nowadays because a local shop said they can program them in after I install them. I wish I never bought the 800$ program because it really does not do much.

I will be switching to my 2011 Volvo with Cummins so I would really have no use for PTT anyways.

Save your money... PTT is only best if you have a Volvo powered with a Volvo engine.

to up the hp tq will the ptt do the job?
replyreply
11-22-2020, (Subject: Volvo after 2 years ) 
[attachment=7273]A new Volvo in my operation. Maybe some of the Cali guys will give me a wave if they see me.
Gotta love them payments but the fuel savings is offsetting them pretty well. Volvo power and automatic.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , snailexpress
11-22-2020, (Subject: Volvo after 2 years ) 
saw it over on facebook really great looking truck! Mine as well with X15 performance

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.